[S905] Device trees

• Hi Guys,
    Newbie to LE. I wanted to test it. I got an M9s Pro, S905, with 2gb RAM and 16gb ROM.
    I tried 8.0.2b and 8.0.2c with few of the tree dtb files without any success.
    I already spent two evenings searching and trying, but now I thought it is probably time to ask some help from expert people that I am sure there are few here.
    Any chance to guide me to which LE version and which tree dtb files to use on the above box?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

• Newbie to LE. I wanted to test it. I got an M9s Pro, S905, with 2gb RAM and 16gb ROM.
    I tried 8.0.2b and 8.0.2c with few of the tree dtb files without any success.

I used Google and cannot see M9s Pro with a S905 Chip.

I only see M9s Pro S905X Chip.

Please check specs.

• Hi Kostaman,
    Thanks for your reply. To be honest, I am also confused because the box I purchased was supposed to be equipped with the S905X as the specs indicate here on the item page:

*** URL REMOVED ***

But when I look on Kodi System info, it says: HX S905.

Similarly, the box should've been running Android 6, but the one I received had Android 5.1.

Edited once, last by chewitt: No links to far east websites flogging shitty boxes please! (June 26, 2017 at 6:58 AM).

• Chip: S905D

Marshmallow 6.0.1

Board p231

Linux Version 3.14.29

1 gb Ram

8gb internal

Ethernet: 100.

Wifi 2.4g

Inbuilt DVB-T2 Tuner

Manufacturer: Winsat

Model: TX95D ModelCombo.

Used (s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X) gxl_p212_1g.dtb

Inbuilt Tuner not recognised TV Headend. Everything else works.

dtb.img.zip

• Hi, does anyone have the device tree for a Nexbox a95x (s905x) 2GB model?

I flashed an update file from pinguy over on freaktab LibreELEC 7.0 For S905/X - FreakTab.com and it broke my recovery, I can boot into kodi fine but no recovery.

When I try to update the device tree by renaming to dtb.img and placing in the .update folder and reboot it gives me this error message on the boot screen

"upgrade in progress... Please do not turn off device... found new image file... could not find a valid system partition in image file"

Am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this and get my recovery working again?

• You can't have LE on internal memory and working recovery at the same time. Device tree is stored in one place and a different device tree is needed for LE and recovery.

• 2GB S905x - MECOOL M8S Pro + device tree extracted from Android 7.1 Nougat Firmware:

dtb.img

Works with @kszaq's LE 8.2 (Nougat Kernel)

HDMI-CEC works with my 4K TV.

Linux WiFi drivers not available for this M8S Pro Plus and BT not working either. IR remote I have yet to get working in LE.

But you do get Android Widevine Level 1 and HDCP 1.x with this box for working 1080p Android TV Netflix and other Android Apps that need DRM video streaming copy protection.

• Hi everybody,

Maybe it's not necessary but I've pulled my dtb.img as well.

Firmware is from WeChip website, is Android 7.1.2

My box is a WeChip z69, 3gb and 32gig NANO (If that is even possible....)

I've tried to read the dtb to figure out if it's really 2gb but I can't figure it out.

Also I'm not able to launch LE, from both USB ports or SD-card, using both Rufus and LE creator.

TWRP also isn't working. Just hangs on S905X logo......

dtb pulled from Z69.zip

Edited once, last by Fietspomp (August 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM).

• Fietspomp The DTB you attached contains device trees only for 1GB and 2GB RAM. I guess you have only 2GB of RAM. It also has some unknown (to me) boards: gxl_p211 and gxl_p215. Can you tell me which device tree is used by your box? You can check it running this command in Terminal Emulator in Android: cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

• Fietspomp The DTB you attached contains device trees only for 1GB and 2GB RAM. I guess you have only 2GB of RAM. It also has some unknown (to me) boards: gxl_p211 and gxl_p215. Can you tell me which device tree is used by your box? You can check it running this command in Terminal Emulator in Android: cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

Hi,

Executed the command through ADB over network, this was the response:

Code
    C:\Windows\System32>adb shell

p212:/ $ cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

gxl_p212_3g

It says 3g there tho..... Strange stuff!

Will try to boot Armbian this afternoon.

Tried to install TWRP through ADB, but at boot it just hangs at the S905X logo.