[S905] Device trees

• Hello. I am having a minor problem with my TV box. It's a generic non-branded X96 OTT TV Box. It has S905X processor, 100M ethernet and Realtek WiFi. The box is offered in both 1GB/8GB and 2GB/16GB RAM/ROM configurations. Mine is 2GB/16GB one. Everything is working perfectly fine except for only 1GB RAM is detected. Android detects 2GB and I even disassembled the box to confirm the existence of 2GB RAM. I've also tried various builds and device trees. The stock one in LibreELEC boots and works fine. any other ones from kszaq repos are unable to boot and hangs at Amlogic boot screen. Can anyone please look into this issue. I've also attached the stock device trees from Android update file and the product description link. Thanks...

Device Trees.rar

Edited once, last by manzoor (March 18, 2017 at 8:11 PM).

• I searched for the T95V but could only find T95V pro, which seems to be S912. There are only alpha builds for that.

But if you have a S905 or S905X you need to check this out thread-5274.html

Depending on the LAN 100bit or 1Gbit & the RAM 1GB or 2GB you need to try either the gxbb for S905 or gxl for S905X

As you have read when you read the installation instructions, you create the build you need, then overwrite the dtb file with the device tree you have downloaded. BUT, as you will have installed to micro sd card first, you can just try another device tree until you get one that works for you.

its t95n not t95v,, i have tried bunch of device tree some it wont boot up but still no wifi,, is it possible to extract from android,,

• Hello. I am having a minor problem with my TV box. It's a generic non-branded X96 OTT TV Box. It has S905X processor, 100M ethernet and Realtek WiFi. The box is offered in both 1GB/8GB and 2GB/16GB RAM/ROM configurations. Mine is 2GB/16GB one. Everything is working perfectly fine except for only 1GB RAM is detected. Android detects 2GB and I even disassembled the box to confirm the existence of 2GB RAM. I've also tried various builds and device trees. The stock one in LibreELEC boots and works fine. any other ones from kszaq repos are unable to boot and hangs at Amlogic boot screen. Can anyone please look into this issue. I've also attached the stock device trees from Android update file and the product description link. Thanks...

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

• I searched for the T95V but could only find T95V pro, which seems to be S912. There are only alpha builds for that.

But if you have a S905 or S905X you need to check this out thread-5274.html

Depending on the LAN 100bit or 1Gbit & the RAM 1GB or 2GB you need to try either the gxbb for S905 or gxl for S905X

As you have read when you read the installation instructions, you create the build you need, then overwrite the dtb file with the device tree you have downloaded. BUT, as you will have installed to micro sd card first, you can just try another device tree until you get one that works for you.

this is the wifi module since it is closest to the antenna wire. it reads SCI s9082c,,,
    Site Search Results | Wi-Fi Alliance | Wi-Fi Alliance
    if someone has solution for this chip or driver,,

• Simply try the most similar gxbb ones from Index of /s905/device_trees/

Whizz has GigE and 2G Ram, so I would suggest

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    gxbb_p201_2G.dtb

As libreelec is on sdcard, the worst that can happen is that libreelec will not start with the wrong device tree, or that some USB port or WLAN does not work.

• Out of curiosity I tried something odd and found strange result. I tried to boot from a freshly created SD card with latest build of LibreELEC on it without any dtb.img inside. Also deleted the stock one. And it booted just fine!!! Although reported 1G RAM as I stated before. Any thought on that kszaq??? Thanks...

• DTB.IMG for a "Roofull MRX" box.

Hardware: 2GB memory, OTG port, and Gigabit

dtb attached to this post

EDIT: FOLKS - A kindly reminder. This is not a support thread for your boxes. This is for a collection of DTB img files for s905 only. If you have issues with your box, either make a new thread, or post in an appropriate thread. Kinda seems like 2/3 the posts are people asking for support. It gets very confusing trying to look through the list to see if your box has already been posted, do to the large amount of unrelated comments/questions.

Cheers!