[S905] Device trees

• [hr]

You can first try running one of the newer builds from a separate SD card. There you can change dtb.img as many times as you want without making any change to your device or risking a brick. I would recommend trying gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb.

Hi kszaq,
    Thanks for the advice, I will do the procedure starting first with your recommended built & I will share my results.

• The device tree you attached is for device with 1GB RAM. Either is wrong or your device fakes RAM amount.

I appreciate the quick response... Newbie here.

:huh:If the device is faking RAM, is there anything I can do to get the proper device tree, so I can run L/E?

BTW, although the box says Docooler on it, the manual that came with it says it's an OTT box.

Have a great day!

Edited once, last by logjam (February 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM).

• Hi kszaq,
    Thanks for the advice, I will do the procedure starting first with your recommended built & I will share my results.

I have checked the LIBREelec 7.0.3.12i with the device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb installed on a clean SD card for testing (as per kszaq's suggestion) in my KIII device. I am confirming as follows:
    1. That device tree is correct & works with KIII. I got even my wifi connection back (currently I have LIBREelec 7.0.2.005 installed and have no wifi probably due to wrong device tree - I am connected with Lan cable). Bluetooth status is "Disconnected" and cannot do anything about. Looks like it doesn't work, but I am not using it anyway, so not a big deal for me.
    2. LIBREelec 7.0.3.12i works without problems. I have all spdif passtrough voice including DTS-HD & Dolby True HD to my receiver without any distortions. :cool: What I noticed is, that this version of LIBREElec is not localized - I prefer to have it in my mother language (like 7.0.2.005), but this is not really bothering me. One thing though, which I have overlooked in the description - it is based on Kodi Jarvis 16.1 version, so same which I have now. I wanted to have the kodi Krypton 17.0, therefore I am going to test now on my KIII the LIBRelec 8.0.0b based on this version. I will also burn it on clean SD card just in case. If everything works fine I will carry out the Update procedure following the kszaq's instruction in the other topic.

kszaq
    Great job btw & thanks for the advice!

• I have checked the LIBREelec 7.0.3.12i with the device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb installed on a clean SD card for testing (as per kszaq's suggestion) in my KIII device. I am confirming as follows:
    1. That device tree is correct & works with KIII.

LIBREelec 7.0.3.12i works without problems.

I have had 2 TX5Pro S905X boxes Sh#t themselves in the last 2 weeks and upon opening them the first thing i noticed is what Crap Circuit Boards are used with these new chips. Seriously bad sandwich boards with a Murky Resin Finish.
    I am done with these S905X Chips Boxes and now know why they are cheaper than the s905 Chip Boxes.

Sorry had to get that out.

Question is , is this KIII Sorted for you ?

• I have had 2 TX5Pro S905X boxes Sh#t themselves in the last 2 weeks and upon opening them the first thing i noticed is what Crap Circuit Boards are used with these new chips. Seriously bad sandwich boards with a Murky Resin Finish.
    I am done with these S905X Chips Boxes and now know why they are cheaper than the s905 Chip Boxes.

Sorry had to get that out.

Question is , is this KIII Sorted for you ?

Yeap!

I have already installed 8.0.0b on my KIII and successfully updated to 8.0.0c via Update folder. Everything works, confirmed. I have even wireless connection and bluetooth working thanks to correct device tree (gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb).

KIII is ok for libreELEC, at least in my case.

Wysłane z mojego Apollo przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Yeap!

I have already installed 8.0.0b on my KIII and successfully updated to 8.0.0c via Update folder. Everything works, confirmed. I have even wireless connection and bluetooth working thanks to correct device tree (gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb).

KIII is ok for libreELEC, at least in my case.

My Kiii is working with this device tree (gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb) , but I haven't wifi 5GHz, only 2,4GHz (in Android, there is 5Ghz wifi). Do you have the same problem?

• My Kiii is working with this device tree (gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb) , but I haven't wifi 5GHz, only 2,4GHz (in Android, there is 5Ghz wifi). Do you have the same problem?

It works for me. Have you changed the name of gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb file?

• It works for me. Have you changed the name of gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb file?

To be more clear.
    Download a device tree as instructed and rename it to dtb.img. Copy the renamed file to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.

• It works for me. Have you changed the name of gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb file?

Yes, of course! Is working your 5GHz wifi? I've tried with various device trees... both LE8 and LE7.
    Won't the chipset be different? The brand is "Akaso"

• Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to decompile my dtb.img.

If I read the mxv.dts file correctly, the box indeed has only 1 GB RAM (usable memory ends at 0x3f000000 and should end at 0x7f000000 for 2 GB).

Also, the ethernet information shows "rmii" while a 1 Gbit dts file shows "rgmii" (I assume the "g" stand for Gbit?).

I bought my box from an Aliexpress seller for about 30 euros, so it's not a real big loss. But I'm still going to complain. When I first got the box it was totally unstable, until they finally sent me the 20161009 firmware to flash and now it turns out the box doesn't have the promised specs.

Hi MrMagic, got the same box, could I get a copy of 20161009? Or where to get it?
    thx
    Clvtx

• Is it confirmed that MXQ Pro 4k, p201, is hit and miss with current dtb's? I've tried p200, p200 Mxqpro4k, and p201. All produce black boot up when installed to nand.

Android 5.1.1 p201 from December 2016, works fine with this device.

• just wondering if some one can help me with proper device tree for this box,, everything works ok ,,except dont have wifi,,

maybe someone has extracted dtb ,,

thanx

Edited once, last by janushaan (March 18, 2017 at 2:16 PM).

• just wondering if some one can help me with proper device tree for this box,, everything works ok ,,except dont have wifi,,

maybe someone has extracted dtb ,,

thanx

I searched for the T95V but could only find T95V pro, which seems to be S912. There are only alpha builds for that.

But if you have a S905 or S905X you need to check this out thread-5274.html

Depending on the LAN 100bit or 1Gbit & the RAM 1GB or 2GB you need to try either the gxbb for S905 or gxl for S905X

As you have read when you read the installation instructions, you create the build you need, then overwrite the dtb file with the device tree you have downloaded. BUT, as you will have installed to micro sd card first, you can just try another device tree until you get one that works for you.