LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• getting "connection times out" when attempting to download LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img.gz

Tried chrome, edge and 2 different devices but still doesn't want to download.

LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.tar works fine.

anyone else having this issue?

• getting "connection times out" when attempting to download LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img.gz

Tried chrome, edge and 2 different devices but still doesn't want to download.

LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.tar works fine.

anyone else having this issue?

yep there's something wrong. i will reup the file.

• I just made a mediafire account, uploaded one of your files and downloaded, seems ok here in the NL.

grint did you try that custom image for the X8h-Plus ? if all works well you will no longer have to pull the plug.

• I just made a mediafire account, uploaded one of your files and downloaded, seems ok here in the NL.

grint did you try that custom image for the X8h-Plus ? if all works well you will no longer have to pull the plug.

Not yet. I will later this week.

• UPD

• freeze when adjust refresh rate not activated => fixed (you may enjoy your box with a old/really old tv not supporting a change of refresh rate)
    • mediafire cleaned, only latest images are available

X8-X8h =>available

X8HP => building....

(i've also tested netflix (720p), quite impressed by this old box)

Edited once, last by datrh (April 7, 2019 at 9:06 PM).

• datrh thanks for the update - can't wait to test the updated X8H-Plus Kodi 18.1 image.

Couple of questions before release:

1. is boot_autoscript still to be renamed to boot.scr before install?

2. if we have TV's capable to switch resolution, do we whitelist the supported resolutions in Kodi as before?

• if you dare , can you try this firmware?

X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2_NEWBOOT

worst case => reflash

with the right uboot, you just have to push the minix power on/off button

Datrh,

Refreshed your Lollipop version, working normally as an android box.

Installed 18.1 (re-up) on sd card, true shutdown is working. Can restart box using on/off button.

The following is not working:

- Cannot use fixed ip address, need dhcp, using ethernet, not wifi

- MAC address still changes randomly

- CEC control sometimes work, sometimes not working

• X8H_plus => uploaded

1. is boot_autoscript still to be renamed to boot.scr before install?

2. if we have TV's capable to switch resolution, do we whitelist the supported resolutions in Kodi as before?

1. it has to be done one time. With the custom android firmware it seems to be not needed anymore.
    2. With 18.1, it doesn't seems to be required anymore. Even with a empty whitelist (and adjust refresh rate activated), it switch to 24hz if needed.

Hi all,

I have a x8hp(still running KitKat), and a (maybe) stupid question:

Does this LE run on armbian?

And, may I install a window manager on it?

Thanks.

No it runs on a 3.10 linux. (custom amlogic linux/stabilized-optimized by the LE team)

And, may I install a window manager on it? => i would ask this to LE team.

But imo it's not the purpose of LE.

Thanks for the feedback, i was missing return about fixed IP on the X8HP.

i will build a test image with a modded dtb.

- CEC control sometimes work, sometimes not working => what do you mean exactly? just power-on/off the tv ? something with the amp?

• Thanks for the feedback, i was missing return about fixed IP on the X8HP.

i will build a test image with a modded dtb.

- CEC control sometimes work, sometimes not working => what do you mean exactly? just power-on/off the tv ? something with the amp?

With your 17.6 image, using remote on the power button, there is a shutdown menu which actually makes the box goes to sleep/standby, not shutdown. In this case the tv can be put on standby via CEC. When I start the box using remote, the tv turns on.

BTW, HDMI is connected directly to tv, not through amp.

With 18.1, it is true shutdown (no standby/sleep option). I can power off the tv, no issue here.

When the box reboots, sometimes the CEC link indicates as "Kodi" and sometimes "Recorder".

This is not a big deal for me, just for your info.

If you have the modded dtb, I can test it.

Thanks.

• Does it mean that I have to select "Erase flash", "Normal erase" and "Erase bootloader" in USB Burning Tool?

Thanks for your help

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Normal erase

• Hello!

Coming back from the old MINIX forum after a long absence I am again onboard hacking my MINIX X8-H. I've spent a whole day updating the box, and now thanks to dathr's work the thing is up with the latest 18.1 build.

One problem I am having with Leia, which I had not with the previous Krypton build, is that my ElGato EyeTV DVB-T stick is not recognized anymore. The firmware module seems to be in place (it should be dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw ), but there is no kernel module/driver to support the stick. I've read elsewhere in this new forum that DVB-T drivers/modules have been moved in Leia under the add-on "LibreELEC Module Drivers", but I am not able to find it.

Is it a limitation of the current MINIX builds? Where can I find that add-on?

Thanks!