LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• did you upgrade from 18 to 18.1 or .. . burn 18.1 on the SD and install ?

• Hi,

is someone working with Hyperion on LE 9 X8H+ device ?

I answer myself. Turning off hardware acceleration was the key to start capture video in the correct way. Maybe is not the correct forum to ask this question, but happy to get it working in my old device

• I answer myself. Turning off hardware acceleration was the key to start capture video in the correct way.

tks for the tip

Maybe is not the correct forum to ask this question, but happy to get it working in my old device

i'm not using hyperion but like you say , the most important is to get it working on your old device.

• Thanks datrh, X8 Plus 100% good now with 18.1, Great job!

Network toggle switches stay on after reboot and shutdown test.

_

2nd report: now this is weird

Watched a couple a movies and used "Power Off System" in the Power menu and the Box reboots instead of shutting down ... ??? (like wtf)

Tried the Custom shutdown timer also and the same happened, no shutdown but it reboots again .. Remote power button same thing... it reboots. So only way is to pull the power plug out of the wall to shutdown the box.

Am I the only one...?.. , if so I will do a fresh install of "X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190305214802-782f78e"

Went back to 18 and power off works again. I must be getting old LOL

Edited once, last by Klaver7 ().

• Went back to 18 and power off works again.

Btw can you start the minix using the remote only?

With the x8-h if i shutdown the minix, i need to remove the power plug and put it back again.

And i cannot start it from the remote.

• Btw can you start the minix using the remote only?

With the x8-h if i shutdown the minix, i need to remove the power plug and put it back again.

And i cannot start it from the remote.

No Start with the remote, I start it up with the power button of the box. (dont need to remove the power plug)

My X8h-Plus I need to remove the power-cord before it will start up.

Hey btw. can I just stick the "KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5" from 18.1 into the Update folder or is that a stupid idea ?

• did you try another SD card?

how old is your firmware?

some peoples have successfully installed LE with a new SD card or a reflash of the box.

it's not 100% success proof but it may help.

Yes, new SD card and install without trouble.
    But can't setup remote control.
    I try all Instruction and

Code
    1. ir-keytable -c -p all -t
    2. /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory
    3. No devices found
  • Ok fresh install(X8 Plus) with Kodi 18.1 "X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190305214802-782f78e.img.gz" and the Power off System again Reboots instead of shutting down. So with either Upgrade or fresh install, the Power off system reboots(no shutdown).

X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20190202105130-8798984.img.gz works flawless, true shutdown(checked with a wattage meter = 0 watts)

So I guess I will go back to X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20190202105130-8798984 again and wait for a fix.