LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Got a question as I am a total Noob with LE so far, my Minix X8 Plus I had installed "X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20190202105130-8798984" Final version and using internal memory for data. Thanks to kszaq's "howTo"

That all works great. Today I decided to update it to "X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190221083437-627c12a" so I copied the .tar file to .Updates with FTP and rebooted.

It updated fine, but I noticed that Network switch = off, so turned it back on but after shutdown or reboot it toggles it back off!

So I just stuck 18.0 in the Update Folder and rolled back to that.

Dont get me wrong the 18.1 version worked great just the Network Switch got me spooked ....

Did I Update the wrong way where I am using internal memory or is there a glitch in the 18.1 version?

• I experienced the same on my X8-H Plus (did not test with my X8): The network interfaces are switched off after each restart of the box. I had to enable them in the LibreElec settings. Because of this, I reverted to the final version dated 020219.

• Thank you for your support.

In the LE Menu - Wired Networks, I wouldnt know where in Kodi one could control Lan or Wan. Every boot or shutdown > LE program settings the Wired Networks switch is switched off when box is turned back on. So I can turn it ON, I get LAN and the next reboot it toggles it to OFF again. Once turned back on(box) I have to use the slider to turn Wired Networks back on.

btw. was my method of updating the proper way ? seems everything else started up without error's and after turning the Wired Networks switch back on all worked well.

Edited once, last by Klaver7 (February 25, 2019 at 10:47 PM).

• Did you "installtointernal" ? if you boot with SD-card, your SD-card prob. didnt get burned proper. I've done a X8 Plus, a X8h Plus and a U1 and all are working great. On the X8 boxes I use just the internal memory(speeds them up), so the boxes still boot into android.

• Did you "installtointernal" ? if you boot with SD-card, your SD-card prob. didnt get burned proper. I've done a X8 Plus, a X8h Plus and a U1 and all are working great. On the X8 boxes I use just the internal memory(speeds them up), so the boxes still boot into android.

No, I burg SD card and follow "how to patch the minix bootloader".
    I trying internal install.

Hmm, I can't boot into LE. On booting have message "could not mount LABEL=STORAGE".

• Hmm, I can't boot into LE. On booting have message "could not mount LABEL=STORAGE".

did you try another SD card?

how old is your firmware?

some peoples have successfully installed LE with a new SD card or a reflash of the box.

it's not 100% success proof but it may help.

• did you try another SD card?

how old is your firmware?

some peoples have successfully installed LE with a new SD card or a reflash of the box.

it's not 100% success proof but it may help.

I ordering new SD card, I hope this helps. Latest firmware from system update.

• I allways have a success installation with SD Card on X8-H Plus. After boot with SD card, installtointernal as @exdeniz said, mounts the file system in NAND and works great

But "amvideocap" driver is not installed in linux kernel and I can not run Hyperion to capture video source in order to send data to Arduino.

Someone has some workaround to get this running ? (is possible to compile kernel to install amvideocap driver?

• see #2

amremote is enabled.

it will be activated on my images when Kodi 18.1 will be released. (somewhere end february)

Has the activation been done in the meantime? Which image can I use for my Minix Neo U1 player? Many Thanks.

• I experienced the same on my X8-H Plus (did not test with my X8): The network interfaces are switched off after each restart of the box. I had to enable them in the LibreElec settings. Because of this, I reverted to the final version dated 020219.

Thank you for your support.

In the LE Menu - Wired Networks, I wouldnt know where in Kodi one could control Lan or Wan. Every boot or shutdown > LE program settings the Wired Networks switch is switched off when box is turned back on. So I can turn it ON, I get LAN and the next reboot it toggles it to OFF again. Once turned back on(box) I have to use the slider to turn Wired Networks back on.

btw. was my method of updating the proper way ? seems everything else started up without error's and after turning the Wired Networks switch back on all worked well.

well... i don't have this issue.

my setup :

• wifi network disabled
    • wired network enabled
    • dhcp enabled
    • kodi has to wait that network is available before starting (30sec max)

i can reboot , shutdown/start. the wired network switch is still "on"

• Hey datrh I too need to report the same wired network issue that has been noted above.

Upon boot, the wired network is not connected. The only error messages in the log relate to not being able to connect to my MYSQL network database for example. In the LibreElec settings the wired network slider switch is off and all works when I switch it on. However it does not survive a reboot, when there is no network connection and the switch is off again.

I have the same network settings as you, yet the problem persists.

I have a generation 1 box.