LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• thanks. very clear.

One more question... I read about the remote control behavior but it does not work the same way with me.

I mean when press the switch off button, I get the option to shutdown, reboot,.. If I select shutdown, it will switch my tv off but also the minix will go off.

So to restart it I need to unplug the cable, put it back and then put it on from the start button on the box.

Is there an easy solution to handle off and on of the box, even putting it only in stand by?

Thanks in advance

• Hi guys.

Currently running 8.2.1.1 on a Mini Neo U1 and Kodi 17.6 all. installed on the internal memory.

The links on the first posts, are good for me (as i am s905 also) or shall i wait for 'official)' announcement that u1 is fully compatible?

thanks

• Hi. I just finished downloading and installing your X8-H+ version of LibreElec (Kodi 18.1 Git 18.1-Leia)

All went well, no issues. Booted off the SD card into LibreElec and got Kodi setup.

I wanted to install LibreElec internally to my X8-H+. Connected via SSH. Logged in as "root" and gave the password, but when I tried "installtointernal" I get the message "Permission denied".

Any ideas what the problem is or how to get arround it.

• Hi guys.

Currently running 8.2.1.1 on a Mini Neo U1 and Kodi 17.6 all. installed on the internal memory.

The links on the first posts, are good for me (as i am s905 also) or shall i wait for 'official)' announcement that u1 is fully compatible?

thanks

As you are a U1 (s905) user,i would wait for the official LE with a recent Linux Kernel.

i will not build any new image for the U1.

• Hi. I just finished downloading and installing your X8-H+ version of LibreElec (Kodi 18.1 Git 18.1-Leia)

All went well, no issues. Booted off the SD card into LibreElec and got Kodi setup.

I wanted to install LibreElec internally to my X8-H+. Connected via SSH. Logged in as "root" and gave the password, but when I tried "installtointernal" I get the message "Permission denied".

Any ideas what the problem is or how to get arround it.

my bad, i will repost the image today.

• So to restart it I need to unplug the cable, put it back and then put it on from the start button on the box.

Is there an easy solution to handle off and on of the box, even putting it only in stand by?

old story but to resume : the box bootloader has to be replaced and it's a risk i will not take.

sort of stand by : it's possible , it's was already included but later removed because i got complaint about nic/wifi not waking up.

• well found a bug wen i push the stop button wen playing a movie all device freeze only thing i can do is put out the power plug and restart maybe there is a solution

Well I have the same problem. Just installed LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.1-devel-20190221083437-627c12a.img, freezing after push the stop button. anny solutions?

thks

• Great work you do datrh, I remeber you from the old Minix Forum but never messed with LibreELEC.

Minix X8 Plus working great 100%. True shutdown, removal of powerplug not needed as box button starts it right back up!

Not the X8h-Plus, need the yank the power plug on that one to power it back up. But all works well.

Minix U1 was a peace a cake, USB stick or SD-card both work very fast. And you know USB stick's can be slow and this one is a cheap one.

Just wanna thank you for all your work and time you put into this very nice project.

Oh and btw. all 3 boxes have Finless Lollipop ROM's on them so that worked fine!

Edited once, last by Klaver7 (February 25, 2019 at 12:34 AM).

• Tks for your comment.