LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Hello!!

I was able to use installtointernal and everything worked great for a few days... then I inserted LAKKA's (your build) and it didn't boot (something about corruption). I tried again by using the toothpick and still I got the same message.

the "Lakka" boot script has overwrite the one's of the LE 8.9.xx build.

Repatch via toothpick using the LE 8.9.xx

Is it possible to have a LAKKA image that I could use to dual boot my MINIX?

i will check

edit: btw it's now integrated in Kodi

Edited once, last by datrh (September 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM).

• I installed this image on my Minix X8H+ and it works correctly, but when I put a movie and go forward or backward, it freezes.

got the same with a old plasma not supporting "adjust refresh rate".

with a more recent TV supporting "adjust refresh rate", it works perfectly.

• Freezing problem for me as well on a Minix X8H+. Videos play fine, pausing works, but on rewind/fast forward or STOP it just freezes. I still have ssh access to the box when it happens, but cannot seem to be able to kill the kodi.bin process, even kill -9 doesn't work. I tried with and without "adjust refresh rate", but for me it does not seem to have any effect.

Freezing problem for me as well on a Minix X8H+. Videos play fine, pausing works, but on rewind/fast forward or STOP it just freezes. I still have ssh access to the box when it happens, but cannot seem to be able to kill the kodi.bin process, even kill -9 doesn't work. I tried with and without "adjust refresh rate", but for me it does not seem to have any effect.

Hi

I had the same problem - Kodin - try to turn off video hardware decoding acceleration in system settings. It worked for me (minix x8H)

some files won't play smoothly (1080p mostly), but lower res works fine

Best regards

Edited once, last by manru (September 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM).

• Hi again

First of all - I appreciate dev team great work very much !!

I have question about audio passthrough decoding.

When playing DTS / AC3 video and pressing "o" key there is codecs summary

In my case (Minix X8H) it says that audio channels have 8-bit depth while in Kodi running on Android it says 32 or 24 bits

Is there any solution for this ? Am I doing something wrong ?

I use LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20180913191817-151f8cc.img.gz

Best regards

Screen:

• you're not doing something wrong.

got the same even with a minix-U1 (kernel 3.14)

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_cap

CodingType MaxChannels SamplingFreq SampleSize

PCM, 8 ch, 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz, 16/20/24 bit

DTS, 6 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, bit

AC-3, 6 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz, bit

DTS-HD, 8 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz, 16/20 bit

Dobly_Digital+, 8 ch, 44.1/48 kHz, 16/20 bit

MAT, 8 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz, 16/20 bit

DTS-HD, 8 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz, 16 bit

it's Kodi beta thing.

i guess with android you're running kodi 17.6

• Thanks for your answer!

Now I understand! It's working again! Thank you :)

Is there any new threads about your LAKKA build (outside from minixforum)?

I've tried to play a few games from inside Kodi, and found they were laggy. A key press on the remote (DualShock4 over bluetooth) would take too long to have an effect on the game...

The LAKKA build was working flawlessly, I had a few Gb of ROMs on my NAS, shared by NFS and booting from SDCards whenever I felt like playing games. But now I cannot get it to run and I don't even have access to the .img (forum down).

• I take that back, it does work fine with either "adjust refresh rate" on or with the software decoder in either mode.

My bad, I had not whitelisted 24Hz in the settings, so it was not really switching anything :)

• Hi, thanks for quick answer

I'm using finless lollipop 1.0 ROM that gives Android 5.1.1

I'm using Kodi 16.1 there - because dts / DD passthrough doesn't work on Kodi 17 and above ?(

As I understand it's about new Kodi team approach since version 17 (something about internal Kodi dts/dd sound libraries / decoders, that are no longer maintained by dev team) Kodi is using Android libraries instead (shitty ?)

I guess i saw an article about it somewhere.

• It works on above ;)

Good news :)

Do you use Minix X8H ? What Kodi version are you using ?

On Android 5.1.1 (Finless ROM 1.0) I was testing version 17.3, 17.6 - no passthrough

Kodi 18 beta 2 (and some night builds) does not start at all (crashes durind 1st run) :/

Passthrough works on LIbreelec's Kodi 18, but sound bitdepth seems to be clipped to 8 bit on my system

I'll be grateful for some tips !

Edited once, last by manru (September 24, 2018 at 10:51 AM).

• Hey guys, I just tried to do the installation but it doesn't boot to libreelec. If I hold the recovery button than the android minix logo flashes, when I stop holding it just stays on the android minix logo. Any ideas?

edit: I should mention that I am using minix-x8 (not h or s or plus). I don't know anything about this stuff but it looks like I only have a dtb for the x8-h version in the SD?

Edited once, last by Solain (September 24, 2018 at 12:08 PM).

• I take that back, it does work fine with either "adjust refresh rate" on or with the software decoder in either mode.

My bad, I had not whitelisted 24Hz in the settings, so it was not really switching anything :)

so it's working with amlogic hardware accel?

• Hey guys, I just tried to do the installation but it doesn't boot to libreelec. If I hold the recovery button than the android minix logo flashes, when I stop holding it just stays on the android minix logo. Any ideas?

edit: I should mention that I am using minix-x8 (not h or s or plus). I don't know anything about this stuff but it looks like I only have a dtb for the x8-h version in the SD?

my bad, wrong assumption

do you have a link to a firmware?