LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Hello,

I have a neo x8-ha few years without touching the rom of origin OTA (4.4.2) and after this time i decide to see how the alternative roms were and I did not find anything special,

however I found this forum with the hypothesis of installing Libreelec and after the reading the first post i tried to install and nothing :(

I hope I'm not doing something wrong:

1 install LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 (in windows 10)

2 places an SD

3 install with Libreelec.usb the img LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.0-devel-20181005064202-197066a.img

4 go to sd and rename "boot_autoscript" to "boot.scr"

5 copy from device_trees minix_x8h_sdhc.dtb to root dir and remane to dtb.img

6 put the sd to minix neo x8-h and boot up with the system with the switch for 5 -6 sec

and

always goes to recovery screen ......

Do I have to do something before this procedure?

Is there any step missing?

with the minix forum down I do not know what else to do, so Any help :)

Thanks

• not needed

if it's a really old Minix firmware, i would update the Minix to FW009 (latest one i think). a too old android firmware may give troubles

you're not doing something wrong

Ok thanks, Im gone try to get last firmware and udate and then do the procedure.

Minix quality/services is gone with Minix-Ken's departure.

i would not recommend anymore to buy a Minix product....

My po

well, Sincerely if I can get libreelec runing well in the neo X8-h Im gone keep it but if not.... hello Raspbery Pie 3 :)

PS: really thanks for the help

• Hi Datrh,

do you think you can update your Lakka build to be compatible with this one? I'm really missing it now. I installed emulators directly on Kodi, but the lag between the remote press and the real action just makes games unplayable.

I also tried retropi with a RPI3, but to be honest your build was a lot better.

What I really would like was a version I could dual-boot (LE, LAKKA), but booting from SD and reading from internal would also be great.

Also, sometimes, mostly when opening internet streams I get a black screen with audio. Then I just skip back and video starts normally... Are you guys experiencing the same?

Thanks a lot!

• #1 and #2 updated

Hi,

in HDMI passthrough mode, i have no sound for video with 2.0 channels.

Fixed : see post #1

When playing DTS / AC3 video and pressing "o" key there is codecs summary

In my case (Minix X8H) it says that audio channels have 8-bit depth while in Kodi running on Android it says 32 or 24 bits

Is there any solution for this ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Fixed

• a few hours if you don't have a "file system full" :-/

edit : need to make clean and rebuild :cry:, got some strange behaviours

well... got problem with one package , need to figure out why.

so meanwhile if you don't mind that the wifi will not be available you may use the x8-x8h img.

just replace the dtb.img by the one from the X8HP LE-kodi 18 image.

• Hello everyone, this is my first mail in this forum.

I have a minix x8-h and ROM Finless 1.0 Android 5.1. I run LE from the SD card and everything seems to work correctly (except static IP) until I do not restart (option in Kodi) - all settings disappear (not saved) and I have a clean Kodi again. Has anyone encountered a similar case? How can you upgrade Kodi Leia to beta 5 and then to the final version (when it will be available)?

Regards.

Edited once, last by porthos (November 13, 2018 at 4:06 PM).