Spotify Connect Web

• Thanks for the reply again

I think I'm missing few packages as some of the commands don't exists, please do let me know what and how I can install them. As I see installing packages via SSH don't seem to be allowed in libreelec

I don't have to use the sound card with Kodi. I have sound working as normal, however not with this addon as I got no entry in the ASLA wizard list, so I connected spare sound card.

Code
    olaaaaaaaaaaa:~ # dtparam audio=on
    -sh: dtparam: not found
    Code
    olaaaaaaaaaaa:~ # amixer
    amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
  • I'm running latest LE7 available (just ran update)

I unplugged my USB sound card

Edited /flash/config.txt and inserted the line above

Rebooted

But now Configuration Wizard shows "could not find a playback device". With the USB sound card, there were options in "configuration wizard", but selecting one resulted in annoying ALSA error above

maybe something is up with my raspberry

Damm this is annoying
    [hr]
    ok I got it working now with

modprobe snd-bcm2835

do I whack this in config.txt so it happens after reboot?

Cheers for the help

Edited once, last by HelpMeSpotify (October 28, 2016 at 8:40 PM).

• [hr]
    ok I got it working now with

modprobe snd-bcm2835

do I whack this in config.txt so it happens after reboot?

I had exactly the same problem, same errors, same log entries, etc. (After update, previously I was able to select them, but the add-on was still not working.) I have an USB card which works fine as Kodi audio output, so I don't want to change it to onboard audio. What was this solution above?

• Not sure what the solution was, I lost track...

But I am not certain that Kodi and Spotify can share that device. You would maybe check this first ;)

I am referring to @HelpMeSpotify's comments just a above. I was citing his solution "modprobe snd-bcm2835" which I guess is enabling RPi's integrated Broadcom sound chip's driver.

awiouy, you are the developer, so I am asking you :) is it by design that your add-on cannot handle USB sound cards?

• I need your input to solve issues in your specific configuration.

It is the same as above, but here is collected:

I have RPi 2 with LE7, I installed add-on using repo, but 'Run' option greyed out. As I select an ALSA entry, I receive a pop-up Add-on error. Nothing mentionable in journalctl though. In kodi.log I have this:

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'alsaaudio.ALSAAudioError'>
    Error Contents: No such file or directory [hw:0]
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.spotify-connect-web/wizard.py", line 42, in <module>
    mixers = [mixer for mixer in alsa.mixers(cardindex=cardx, device=device)
    ALSAAudioError: No such file or directory [hw:0]

I have an USB sound card, which works fine as Kodi output, aplay -L gives entries like:

default:CARD=Device
    USB Sound Device, USB Audio
    Default Audio Device

amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory

Is there a way to use this USB sound card with the add-on? Many thanks for the help!

• Hi,

I'm trying to get the app key since a few days but I do not get one. I filled the request form several times but nothing happens. I wrote a mail to spotify but I think the only answers I get are prebuilt mails with content like reinstall spotify...
    How long did it take for you to get the key? I am using a familiy abo, is that a problem?
    Maybe someone has an idea what I could do

thank you!

• Hm... the libspotify key generation and retrieval service is currently offline... have you seen online, effe?

mh okay I thought the automatic generation of the key is offline and I will get one manually if I fill the form... I don't know.
    I wrote spotify on twitter and they said they will look what they can do.

Maybe I just have to wait..

Edited once, last by effe.rnr (November 15, 2016 at 9:58 PM).