Vorke Z6 Plus Libreelec 8.90.6

• I had an internal installation of your great build 8.90.5 on my Vorke Z6 Plus and updated to 8.90.6 and it killed the box:). No problem I reinstalled Google Image and running know your build from SD Card. No problems and happy anyway. But would there be again the possibility to install it to internal as the old builds?

Thanks for your reply.

• Thanks for you reply. Anyway will never buy again an android box. Happy with my raspis pi3. Better and no Google.

Will sell this box to a google fanatic :)

• I know exactly what has done this.

The VFD driver was updated so devices with displays wouldn't need their own DTB anymore.

The install process reads an ID in the DTB image so it knows which DTB to install during the upgrade.

Because the dtb should have been updated but one no longer existed for your box then your DTB partition never got updated and that is why your box won't boot.

You just need to flash the new dtb to your dtb partition and your box will boot again with all data still intact :)

Don't blame the hardware, boot your Android box from an sdcard like you do with your raspi, installtointernal=evil.

• Sorry to drag up an old(ish) thread but I just got a Vorke Z6 and I cannot get it to boot from the mSD card. I burned the image to the mSD card, put it in the slot, held in the reset button and plugged it in. It just sits at the Vorke splash screen and never goes further. I tried different images and different sd cards but cant get it to go any further. I have a few other boxes and have no issues with them. Do I have to do something special with this box? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Update: Silly me, I never replaced the dtb with the correct one. All good now

• Hello,

I am new here.

I have been through all guides but I still do not understand how to run libreelec on my new Vorke Z6 Plus.

I have downloaded this build: LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.tar and renamed it to dtb.img

(according to [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device)

Put it in the root of my microSD card formatted in exFat.

Started the Vorke by holding the reset button (using the needle), but at most I get into the recovery mode/prompt mode but nothing happens.

Can someone please advise how to get it running?

Thank you very much in advance

• Hi Chewitt,

Thanks

Ok I flashed LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img using rufus.

I also renamed gxm_q200_3g.dtb to img.dtb and replaced the one in the SD root.

However now when it boots (using recovery) it wont't get pas the VORKE logo and the screen keeps showing "boot".

Any idea?

I have tried S912 8.2.4.1 and 8.2.4.2 and it's the same.

Edited once, last by moabile (January 26, 2019 at 6:10 PM).