Quick question about usb gigabit Ethernet adapters

• Official Post

I want to use my old unused htpc as nas/media server for my s905 & s912 boxes overn LAN.

Unfortunately my mobo is old and doesnt seem to support WOL. It does however resume from USB (mouse, keyboard or ir receiver).

With this in mind, if I purchased a USB lan adapter for htpc, will I be able to use resume then (ie wake up PC as WOL)?

No. The USB network adapter is not a keyboard.

• hi there

i have a problem with a mecool m8s pro+ where the ethernet at the back does not work anymore.. only have wifi and it is so so slow.

did you manage to find a usb to ethernet adapter that works..

if so can you tell me which one

thank youi

yes the ugreen Ethernet adapter works perfectly I think it cost around £12

• yes the ugreen Ethernet adapter works perfectly I think it cost around £12

sorry to be a pest but do you have the model number or a photo of the adapter... there seems to be so many to choose from.. i am in philippines so for me its hard to find the correct one

thanks in advance

• hi there

i have a problem with a mecool m8s pro+ where the ethernet at the back does not work anymore.. only have wifi and it is so so slow.

did you manage to find a usb to ethernet adapter that works..

if so can you tell me which one

thank youi

Hi Normy,

Just to let you know of a problem I had with Mecool M8S pro ethernet port:

Surprisingly it wouldn't work when I plugged it into some of my routers. But it would work with others.

You said "ethernet at the back does not work anymore", try to plug into other routers or hubs, it might solve your problem. Actually what I did is I put a hub next to the MeCool, between the router and the mecool, and that worked.

• yes the ugreen Ethernet adapter works perfectly I think it cost around £12

I just purchased this one, it works fine but I had to set the Kodi firewall to „OFF“ to access the box from the LAN (PC via SSH or Samba, Kodi iOS-remote). Is this always the case?