DVD playback and Inputstream addon

• Hey there,

former OE user coming here asking some stupid questions

I am not familiar with the current progress of LE as i`ve just found out about it recently. There are two things which i am curious about:

1) Is DVD playback currently possible with this build ? I`ve read in some posts (from milhouse) that it could be temporarily disabled ? Is this still valid ?

This is what i get from log:

18:51:33 1002.850769 T:140396288055360 ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/kodi/system/players/VideoPlayer/libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so, reason: /usr/lib/kodi/system/players/VideoPlayer/libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

2) Is the Kodi codebase in LEs repository ready to use the inputstream addon (GitHub - peak3d/inputstream.mpd) ?

I am testing the latest master build #414 from here: Index of /builds/master/Generic/

Architecture is x86_64 on AMD.

Anyway a great projects guys thank you very very much !!

• I dont know about the milhouse builds, or the generic builds as im using v6.90.005 from the downloads page on a raspberry pi 3 and a usb bluray player which works fine with dvd's and blu ray so dvd playback at least was possible. Maybe it got broke at some point or your dvd drive isnt supported? did it work before you transferred to libreelec?

• I dont know about the milhouse builds, or the generic builds as im using v6.90.005 from the downloads page on a raspberry pi 3 and a usb bluray player which works fine with dvd's and blu ray so dvd playback at least was possible. Maybe it got broke at some point or your dvd drive isnt supported? did it work before you transferred to libreelec?

Hello,

yep in OE it was working (except for commercial/encrypted BDs).

I will have a try on the v6.90.005 of LE and will report here if it works, but in the end I really would like to transfer over to something on Kodi v17 base.

Thank you !

• Hi,

no didn`t do the trick. I cannot play DVDs or BDs. The drive spins up when I try but then nothing happens.

This is what the log says:

???

Thx!

• 1) DVD playback is not functional in my Kodi 17 builds (OE or LE). It was either that, or stop building altogether. No ETA on a fix.

2) Inputstream.mpd is working. Inputstream.smoothstream is also in the latest build. Install libwidevinecdm.so if you want to use Amazon Prime. See OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

but he said he would try changing to v6.90.005 which as far as i know should have dvd playback right? At least mine does.

• Hello milhouse,

thank you for the clarification. I was already thinking so.

However, because of the latest pushes to osmc with fixed dvd playback there I have some hope that it will come back to OE / LE too in the near future, maybe if I have enough time I will try to integrate the commits to LE myself it`s at least a challenge for me :)