Posts by JJK9

It was breifly discussed in this thread

Millhouse

1) DVD playback is disabled in these (and OpenELEC) Kodi 17 builds until someone provides a solution - options are currently to disable DVD, or don't build anything at all

Just left a comment on the news page and i found it a shame that despite being constantly logged into the forums that i still needed to provide a name and email address in order to comment on the blog, can this be changed to take the details from the forums logon or are the two systems incompatible or far two much work to get working together? I dont mind it the way it is, just thought it could be easier.

the full image is both for fresh install and updates. You simply need to copy the .img to the update folder and then reboot your device, it should automatically update. The update now option isnt available untill the team start pushing the update to the devices, if ypur not set to automatically update then you would need to use this option or update manually. You should read the newest article on the new page about the update,

No the bricking is from the process of replacing the android version installed on the device and can happen no matter how good the replacement software is. Officially supported hardware are usually the ones that ship with openelec already installed or like with the raspberry pi it is really easy to install due to it being installed on the sd card.

it would be nice if LE could support it, as so many users own these boxes and its gank (clone), actually most user only want kodi alone on their box not android, because its cheap and low energy consumtion to replace htpc, even some are cheaper than rpi, it also include remote and casing, if only LE could make special team to concentrate on this segment, i think it would get so many potential users who want to support the development by donation,maybe someday even amlogic will support the development and let alone OE develop for their x86 and sponsors, so it wont rival each other

The android versions have nothing to do with libreelec, openelec or OSMC as they are all linux operating systems with kodi over the top and not android which is just the normal Kodi android version, quite often with pirate addons and useless junk pre installed as well. I think on some boxes it might be possible to replace the android os with one of these builds but it can be risky, I bricked one android device doing it and am now on the pi.

cool, thanks, so beside the name, are there some features that OE doesnt have or vice versa? and there are a lot chinesse no name amlogic box spreading around which OE doesnt officially support, is it LE will support it? excuse my english :)

Not really at the moment, Libreelect have just recently forked away from openelec so the code is mostly the same as they set things up to become independent from openelec, but since many of the members of the OE team moved to form LE then LE should be updated faster and more often or so i heard especially when new kodi versions are released. As for official support for the no name chinese boxes, thats doubtful as the boxes that do get official support as you say are usually sponsors. I dont think Libreelec has any sponsors like that yet.

1) DVD playback is not functional in my Kodi 17 builds (OE or LE). It was either that, or stop building altogether. No ETA on a fix.

2) Inputstream.mpd is working. Inputstream.smoothstream is also in the latest build. Install libwidevinecdm.so if you want to use Amazon Prime. See OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

but he said he would try changing to v6.90.005 which as far as i know should have dvd playback right? At least mine does.

Try a reboot
    It worked for me (rpi 3)

same here also on a rpi 3, I just assumed it was something to do with Emby which I recently switched to to manage my library, my videos are now connected to my laptop and i stream to the pi using direct pathes but I just assumed something was wrong with emby and so ignored it, sorry no logs.

Will LibreElec be a better product than OpenElec? Or will it be a matter of preference rather than features? Would like to see how you guys grow.

Id probably say it will be a matter of preferance as for example OSMC is quite different and some people say better than openelec, they both have their good points and weakness and in the end they both run well and its a personal choice and now libreelec comes along. Having tried all three im sticking with libreelec for a while to see how it develops, the real decider for some will probably depend on how long it takes to officially update to the next version once kodi is updated to kypton.

I dont know about the milhouse builds, or the generic builds as im using v6.90.005 from the downloads page on a raspberry pi 3 and a usb bluray player which works fine with dvd's and blu ray so dvd playback at least was possible. Maybe it got broke at some point or your dvd drive isnt supported? did it work before you transferred to libreelec?

Sorry, I thought it might be easier if i uploaded the whole log outpit zip as it shows my hardware and stuff. Anyway here is the main log copied to a pastebin site.
    bEbRR

Never mind, Im transfering back to OSMC, much more stable and easier to use than openelec and Libreelec. I'll give this a shot when it's more settled and has a larger userbase. It's not so good for people like me who dont know much. And no it's not just about this issue, i just preferred the other thats all. Sorry and see ya, good luck.

Quick question, are there any release notes for the different versions available on the website? Had a look and can't find anything, but that may just be me.

My box updated from .004 to .005 last night (successfully), and I'm just curious as to what fixes or improvements that may have brought. That said it's running sweetly anyway, but I'd still like to know these things.

Not that I have seen, the closest i've found the download page which gives a brief summary of the changes to the newest version. Maybe this is something to suggest in the webiste and forum feedback section.

[font="Source Sans Pro, Arial, sans-serif"]There are a few changes from v6.90.004 but nothing serious – some simple package updates and bits of nip/tuck housekeeping[/font]

When you enter the LibreELEC forum there are speech bubbles in front of every sub forum showing wheter it contains new posts or not. Currently the color difference between those two versions is quite minimal and on a bright monitor you can barely see it. So I would like to suggest to change the color of one of them.

Maybe change the one that signals new posts into a green/brown combination, fitting the LE logo.

yes I agree, they are difficult to tell apart but i didnt notice the bubbles at all to tell the truth, ive been using the 'view today's posts' option to see new posts and what topics they are.

Perfect... did not find it on the webpage for some reason.... only saw the Twitter, Facebook and Github links.
    Of course I'm already following the site on FB and Twitter but I am using RSS like reading news paper with the NewsBar application in mac and my iPhone.
    This helps me see all important updates from Sites and Projects I care about in one place.

Thanks for the help

There isnt anything on the website to indicate a rss feed so I can see how you can easily miss it. I have a feed finding extension installed on my chrome browser that picked it up.

Hello Libreelec community,

Does the website already have a rss feed for Libreelec news?
    I would like to add it in my news feed so that I can always stay updated within my RSS app.

Cheers

Yes it does, feed
    you can also follow the site on twitter and facebook .