Raspberry Pi 4 SMB Mysql support

• Does SMB and connecting to a MySQL library work on the Pi 4? I've copied my user folder from my Pi 3 folder to the Pi 4 but its not connecting to my Mysql library hosted on my PC and I cant even use the file browser to access the network folders on the PC.

• Code
    2019-07-01 16:12:50.256 T:2239333232   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/'
                                                unix_err:'1' error : 'Operation not permitted'
    2019-07-01 16:12:50.256 T:2239333232   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://192.168.1.166/

All I can see in the log that's related is this.

• Official Post

but

Operation not permitted

is a pretty good indicator for probably a password error. Are you sure you have setup SMB2 shares on your Windows machine? Does the same work with a RPi3? Have you checked the sources or probably tried to re-adding using the "add network connection" option to see if you are able to connect to the shares.

are you sure that the RPi4 is on the same network? If it has static IPs are you also sure it's a different IP from what the RPi3 uses?

• oh, then there must be something strange with your logfile if that only shows 2 lines.

I generally thought the log might have over a 1000 lines where we might see way more info than this useless stuff ;) (j/k)

It's a long log, those lines are all I can find that has anything to do with the SMB.

but

is a pretty good indicator for probably a password error. Are you sure you have setup SMB2 shares on your Windows machine? Does the same work with a RPi3? Have you checked the sources or probably tried to re-adding using the "add network connection" option to see if you are able to connect to the shares.

are you sure that the RPi4 is on the same network? If it has static IPs are you also sure it's a different IP from what the RPi3 uses?

The Pi4 is plugged into the same Ethernet cable as the Pi3 on the same network as my PC and is using the same user folder copied over which has the advancedsettings.xml along with the passwords.xml, sources.xml and mediasources.xml files. Copying these to a fresh install for the Pi3 it shows my library and plays. Plugging in the Pi4, no library or access to SMB. I can only access files plugged into the USB.

Update: If I delete the password file from the Pi3 then I cant access the SMB files but the MySQL library is still viewable, I just cant play any videos. If the password file is at fault on the Pi4 then I have no clue how to fix it.

Edited once, last by JJK9 (July 1, 2019 at 7:29 PM).

• Official Post

It's a long log, those lines are all I can find that has anything to do with the SMB.

I can't help much as I don't own a RPi4 yet. But...

- enable debug logging

- disable everything unneded (Live-TV, library update on startup if enabled and such)

- restart kodi / reboot LibreELEC

- reproduce your issue as fast as you can (don't do anything else)

- grab the log

Also please get us some additional outputs

- ip a | pastebinit

- and probably dmesg | pastebinit

I highly guess our devs might need that info if it's not a known issue.

• Worked fine on my PI4 4GB, auto SMB mount to ubuntu box and using MySQL on same Ubuntu box. I did have to enable wait for network though before they would connect on boot.

• Worked fine on my PI4 4GB, auto SMB mount to ubuntu box and using MySQL on same Ubuntu box. I did have to enable wait for network though before they would connect on boot.

Enabling wait for network fixed the library problem and im finally seeing the MySQL library, but the SMB still wont work so no artwork or videos. All my videos are streamed from my Windows 10 laptop and it works fine with the PI3+ running the latest libreelec release. I'll mess around with it some more, I had given up.

Edit: tried every method I can find, every fix for fixing SMB issues and I give up. Im packing the Pi4 away until the software support improves, I'll stick with the Pi3+ for now. Not complaining, It's great you guys got it to run so quickly.

Edited once, last by JJK9 (July 2, 2019 at 11:38 PM).