Remote not working on pi3

• I have a rpi3 with libreelec 8.2.1 connected to my Samsung TV. Connected via hdmi I can no longer control it with my remote control. I have the CEC controller installed and it has worked for months. I can control libreelec with the Kore app on my phone.

I have also tested my pi3 on my Samsung TV in my bedroom and the remote works just fine up there. I am at a loss as to why it doesn't work on my TV downstairs?

• Official Post

Same model Samsung in both locations? .. it wouldn't be the first time Samsung pushed a firmware update that broke CEC for people.

• No the Samsung upstairs is an older model h2200. Downstairs is a new q7f model.

Update. I have managed to fix it. Basically I had to cancel the process my TV goes through to identify my rpi3 as a hdmi connected device (using the universal remote process) and then the remote magically works. That's several hours of my life I will never get back.

Thank you for your help chewit.

• No the Samsung upstairs is an older model h2200. Downstairs is a new q7f model.

Update. I have managed to fix it. Basically I had to cancel the process my TV goes through to identify my rpi3 as a hdmi connected device (using the universal remote process) and then the remote magically works. That's several hours of my life I will never get back.

Thank you for your help chewit.

I know this thread a bit old but im having the same issue with my Samsung NU8000 TV and getting LibreELEC on my RPI3 to work with the TV remote. What device did you select when setting up via the universal method as there nothing like a RPi listed to select?