remote.config

• Hello,

I am trying to get my remote control working.My box is X96 s905w 2gb 16gb on nougat android originally.

I use now libreelec.

I tried a several remote.config files in .config/ directory but nothing seems to work.I am quite happy to use yatse ,but sometimes we need just remote control for basic things.Not everyone has remote control app on their phone.

I have two boxes the other one is still on android and I was trying to obtain remote config from this box.

I tried to install twrp recovery by putting it on sd or usb drive.Several attempts. But it never happend.Always hangs on booting logo.Perhaps wrong files.But nothing worked for me.

I have a question if there is a way to root it with stock recovery installed? So I could just browse to root directory to retrieve the remote.config file.

Or do you guys have any other suggestion?

I know there is a way to do this from scratch.But it seems very time consuming.And I would be most happy with just the config file that is on android now.Plus I already spent 3 hours trying to get it to work somehow.

Thank you in advance,any suggestions appreciated.

• Yet,it still not working.

Do I have to tell libreelec to look for remote.conf in .config folder?

From what I read It looked like just putting a remote.conf in .config folder is enough.

Is there some configuration file that tells libreelec that I am using remote.conf to control a remote control?

Thank you