Odroid c2 - 1080p HDR To SDR (Tone Mapping?)

• If you consider the environment i'm in...

I have 1 4k HDR TV, but 2 non 4K HDR Tv's.

the 4K Tv has a Vero 4K with OSMC.. full HDR support.. but the other 2 TV's are running Odroid C2's with LibreElec.

rather than keeping multiple copies of my media, i'd rather have 1.. So my question (i believe) still stands.

• This is a very important issue for S905 models owners.

Number of HDR movies is growing, S905 models can play them, but they look bad - very bright and unnatural colors.

Please implement some HDR to SDR conversion to allow proper output of SDR signal, if possible. Thanks

• As 10bit x265 HDR/SDR decoding is done completely in hardware, there is little to nothing that can be done in kodi or libreelec to change it.

The mapping is different if a S905X is used (I have both a S905 and S905X box on a non-hdr TV so I can compare), you might want to try one of these for your purpose.

• I'm of the opinion that there's no real way to properly tone map HDR content to SDR.

Perhaps if you use a PC with MadVR, but even then the results aren't that great. It also depends a lot on your TV, and the ability to configure the tone mapping to suit your TV correctly. (which is non-existent, AFAIK, on these boxes)

If you want to play HDR content, you'd better get a HDR display and a player that supports HDR.