S905x support, what is needed?

• I don't know if the delay is present or where does it come from. You have to call the postal company which delivers my S905X box and tell them to hurry. [emoji14]

• I don't know if the delay is present or where does it come from. You have to call the postal company which delivers my S905X box and tell them to hurry. [emoji14]

Which s905x box did you buy ? I'm waiting for a Mini M8S II and I'd like to try one of your libreelec version, as in my MX III Plus (s812) that works perfectly

• Which s905x box did you buy ? I'm waiting for a Mini M8S II and I'd like to try one of your libreelec version, as in my MX III Plus (s812) that works perfectly

Don't worry, this kzsaq's build still works on Mini M8S II,
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

No boot issue at all.

• kszaq i'm also waiting to know which box with s905x you choose. I have to buy a tv box and didn't make my mind between beelink mini mxiii with s902 and one with s905x. Thank you for your answer.

Edited once, last by Leonxy69 (September 26, 2016 at 7:44 PM).

• I'm not giving any buying recommendations.

I've bought the cheapest S905X box available only to solve boot issues and then throw the box back to its packaging.

The only thing I can say is that if you want a bit better support, you should prefer S905 over S905X as this is what good quality products use (WeTeks and Odroid-C2).

I've also heard that S905X doesn't support 60fps 4K H.264 videos, although this is yet to be checked.

You should choose S905X only if you need hardware VP9 decoding and/or armv8 crypto extensions.

• I finally fixed S905X sdcard booting issue.
    This is my solution:

Edited once, last by afl1 (September 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM).

• afl1 This would break booting for everyone having SD card at mmcblk0. I think LABEL based solution is better, I only need to see if there's anything else that should be applied, e.g. a delay to wait for SD card mounting.

• kszaq: I read, the S905X contains a video post processing engine, like motion adaptive 3D noise reduction filter, advanced motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing engine, 3:2 pull-down support, deblocking filters, etc..
    It's true? Any chance to implement these features to LibreELEC?

Edited once, last by djnice (September 27, 2016 at 8:32 AM).

• afl1 This would break booting for everyone having SD card at mmcblk0. I think LABEL based solution is better, I only need to see if there's anything else that should be applied, e.g. a delay to wait for SD card mounting.

I don't think I'll break booting at mmcblk0, because I'm testing if there is mounted mmcblk0p1. But probably u mean following fix.
    I will test it.

• Sdcard LibreELEC with fixed S905X booting, no audio issue. For S905X don't delete dbt.img. Img is tested with Mini M8S and T95X and booting is successful everytime.

Tested your build on my Mini M8S II by copying the file to 'update' folder using Samba share and reboot. No boot issue, but Audio output setting stuck at Bluetooth. Couldn't change it back to HDMI output (grayed, before update I was using HDMI for audio output). Problem gone after fresh SD image installation.

CEC isn't working. System->Settings->Input devices->Peripherals field is also grayed. Will rolled back to kzsaq build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz to check whether CEC was working or not.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: CEC works with kzsaq's build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz (at least with my Toshiba TV). Unlike afl1's latest build, there's no HD Audio output (e.g. no TrueHD, DTS-HD etc.).

Edited once, last by wkchick (September 27, 2016 at 3:34 PM).

• Sdcard LibreELEC with fixed S905X booting, no audio issue. For S905X don't delete dbt.img. Img is tested with Mini M8S and T95X and booting is successful everytime.

Tested your build with Nexbox S905x. HD audio is also working, which is a big plus for me. The only problem I still have is the scaling problem. I use 4k smpte resolution.

update: WiFi is working. Bluetooth isn't. So I can't connect my Bluetooth keyboard.
    No problems with scaling if I set resolution to Full-HD 60 Hz.

Edited once, last by snarry (September 27, 2016 at 8:19 PM).

• Tested your build on my Mini M8S II by copying the file to 'update' folder using Samba share and reboot. No boot issue, but Audio output setting stuck at Bluetooth. Couldn't change it back to HDMI output (grayed, before update I was using HDMI for audio output). Problem gone after fresh SD image installation.

CEC isn't working. System->Settings->Input devices->Peripherals field is also grayed. Will rolled back to kzsaq build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz to check whether CEC was working or not.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: CEC works with kzsaq's build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz (at least with my Toshiba TV). Unlike afl1's latest build, there's no HD Audio output (e.g. no TrueHD, DTS-HD etc.).

Sorry, I was testing something with disabled CEC and I forgot to switch on it.
    I tested bluetooth on my Mini M8SII with Marshall Kilburn without any issue. I can switch audio output during playback between bluetooth and hdmi.

Edited once, last by afl1 (September 27, 2016 at 7:25 PM).

• Sdcard LibreELEC with fixed S905X booting, no audio issue. For S905X don't delete dbt.img.

Confirmed successful boot on Mini MXIII II - just insert SD Card and reboot, no holding of reset button required.

(there is no Wifi/Bluetooth available yet however, which was expected - the driver source code still needs to be obtained for this device)

• This kernel works out-of-the-box for the WeTek Hub. To make it work and "all" S905(X) devices there are some changes I need to make. This is not a trivial process and it takes time.

Thanks for your work, I have also a S905X NEXBOX, and it cost me a lot to find this post.

So i do think this thread, that is the most posted one, should be more visible and have their own space in one higher level of the forum "Amlogic S905X"

I suppose all of them use the TOMATO DIY
    SZTomato TVI Amlogic S905X Development Board to Support Android 6.0, OpenELEC 7.0, and Ubuntu 16.04
    Amlogic S905X bricolaje OTT Buildroot Android OpenELEC / Ubuntu / KODI / arranque dual TV caja de soporte GPIO - China Android Smart TV, Internet Google XBMC / Kodi Netflix tv box, 4k HD 1080p reproductor de medios, tv box de cuatro núcleos androide, IPTV set top box fabricantes

And that they must already have done this work, at least once and perhaps would like to help.

Last but not least, once having the kernel, share it with ubuntu, arch, and other projects because the machine runs fast as hell for a 33 € (mine) one.

Edited once, last by mitcoes (September 28, 2016 at 4:13 PM).