S905x support, what is needed?

• Suspend is something I am working on now, it is expected not to work in this build.

Do you have any VP9 videos that you can test hardware decoding on? I have added some basic code to enable it and I'm wondering if it works (no S905X here yet to test).

• Suspend is something I am working on now, it is expected not to work in this build.

Do you have any VP9 videos that you can test hardware decoding on? I have added some basic code to enable it and I'm wondering if it works (no S905X here yet to test).

I will download some VP9 content today, when came back home from work, and will report test.

Update...

Tested some VP9 contents ...
    1080p and 4K content currently do not work (black screen and only audio) some SD plays..
    Here is collected logs during playback of VP9 video

kszaq you wouldn't mind telling me how to compile your sources would you, I'm getting build errors with "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j4 image"

Code
    Usage: /home-new/adamg/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007-adamg/linux-bca261f/scripts/depmod.sh /sbin/depmod <kernelrelease> <symbolprefix>
    Makefile:1048: recipe for target '_modinst_post' failed
    make[1]: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home-new/adamg/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007-adamg/linux-bca261f'
    Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed
    make: *** [image] Error 2
  • Hello,

I have the Nexbox A95x s905x 2GB/8GB. I have been trying kszaq build by putting image on SD card using Rufus. I then power the device with tootpick (reset button hold) but nothing happens. It just goes to normal stock from there. I did try the USB burn tool, but fails on the kszaq image.

Could someone provide the exact steps of trying out the Libreelec on the A95X 905x

The new build is played in the am-vp9 codec instead of ff-vp9.
    But sound only, I can't see any video.

• Hello,

I have the Nexbox A95x s905x 2GB/8GB. I have been trying kszaq build by putting image on SD card using Rufus. I then power the device with tootpick (reset button hold) but nothing happens. It just goes to normal stock from there. I did try the USB burn tool, but fails on the kszaq image.

Could someone provide the exact steps of trying out the Libreelec on the A95X 905x

LibreELEC
    Try this one.
    Only uSD card booting works right now.
    * toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.

• LibreELEC
    Try this one.
    Only uSD card booting works right now.
    * toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.

That's what I used and put on SD card. So, when you say "uSD" is that SD card or USB thumb drive?

• It is nether a SD card nor an USB thumb drive. It is a micro SD card.

Gerald

Right, I meant to say micro sd card as a standard SD will never fit. So, again and as stated I have tried with "micro sd card" in my first response. So, it appears steps are still sketchy as I have tried with micro SD card. The LibreElec logo never appears, only the Nexbox boot animation logo, then goes to launcher home screen.

Edited once, last by John (September 16, 2016 at 6:58 PM).

• kszaq you wouldn't mind telling me how to compile your sources would you, I'm getting build errors with "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j4 image"

Code
    Usage: /home-new/adamg/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007-adamg/linux-bca261f/scripts/depmod.sh /sbin/depmod <kernelrelease> <symbolprefix>
    Makefile:1048: recipe for target '_modinst_post' failed
    make[1]: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home-new/adamg/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007-adamg/linux-bca261f'
    Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed
    make: *** [image] Error 2

You can use either make image or make amlpkg. The very short log you posted tells nothing about where error occurs, you need to post a full build log - preferably collected after a 2nd failed attempt to make it shorter. Please also post a diff if you made any changes in source.

• Right, I meant to say micro sd card as a standard SD will never fit. So, again and as stated I have tried with "micro sd card" in my first response. So, it appears steps are still sketchy as I have tried with micro SD card. The LibreElec logo never appears, only the Nexbox boot animation logo, then goes to launcher home screen.

I have the same Netbox 95X and it does not have a reset switch so this boot method does not work. There is an alternative which I have used successfully, create a dummy.zip file in the root of the microSD card and use the Android update app to run this file. The box will reboot and find the Libreelec on the card. You only have to do this once, boot problems permitting, will now boot from SD card.

• I have the same Netbox 95X and it does not have a reset switch so this boot method does not work. There is an alternative which I have used successfully, create a dummy.zip file in the root of the microSD card and use the Android update app to run this file. The box will reboot and find the Libreelec on the card. You only have to do this once, boot problems permitting, will now boot from SD card.

Ok, then if you created a dummy.zip, did you signed the zip, if not it will fail, as that is what I exactly just did and failed. We are making this more complicated that it should be.

• he created a dummy.zip that he will be able to go into recovery, thats why he said he made it dummy!so the device will boot into recovery and then it will will find libreelec on the sd card and boot from it.

• If anyone wants to try, you can test my latest dev build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

I identified an issue in my changes that lead to "Could not mount" even on my S905 box, now corrected. :P

Keep in mind that it contains some untested changes that I play with, related to powering the box. I would be grateful for information whether it boots OK on S905X.

Mini M8S ii - success. Now i am off to explore libreelec ;)

update 1: Already used "installtointernal". I added a 64GB microsd card after that (before it was a 8GB card just as the internal flash size).

How do i make use of the new card now ? Mount it as /data ? I think /var/media/mmcblk1p1-mmc-APPSD_0x0000071d will not be used by kodi.

update 2: I formatted the 64GB card now as ext4 and then it is no longer recognized.

Update 3: The SD card slot is toast now. Good that the system is already installed internally.

Edited once, last by maxpower (September 17, 2016 at 2:42 AM).

• Hello,

UPDATE: Ok, got it working. Had to re-image the device to stock using USB burn tool and then doing toothpick method to run kszaq image on micro SD card. Now tinkering Kodi, PVR's clients are under LibreElec addons and will have to install the client of your choosing.

Edited once, last by John (September 17, 2016 at 1:56 AM).

• I have the same Netbox 95X and it does not have a reset switch so this boot method does not work. There is an alternative which I have used successfully, create a dummy.zip file in the root of the microSD card and use the Android update app to run this file. The box will reboot and find the Libreelec on the card. You only have to do this once, boot problems permitting, will now boot from SD card.

Nexbox 95X(S905x) don't have reset switch? It's really strange.
    Is there any method to put android .img file into box via PC?
    I'm just curious to know it.

• Just thought I would share something back to the community, TX3 Pro remote config BFMuKNGN

Spent all evening figuring out the correct key mappings as none of the keymaps I found online had worked.

kszaq your latest image works great on the TX3 Pro 1G/8G, no more mount issue, seems to enter and resume from standby and no issues with installtointernal as well :)

Can't see any issues so far everything works.

Cracking progress, massive improvement over Kodi on Android.

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (September 17, 2016 at 4:06 AM).