S905x support, what is needed?

• I think that's a bad sellers title/description.

I think this is what you have:
    Beelink MiniMXIII II Amlogic S905x RAM 2GB EMMC 16GB Up to 32GB - Android TV BOX - Beelink - Powered by Discuz!
    (not a store link)
    I dont see a MiniMXIII S905x from them on their site.

This is most likely part of your problem

I will try to check what chip is inside. But if it's the S905 and not the X, shouldn't the standard S905 build work? Now, I have the build especially for the S905X (Pulsar build) that is working...
    [hr]
    I can confirm my unit has the S905X. I checked with CPU-Z and it says it's the Amlogic p212 board.

Edited once, last by beelinkert (September 8, 2016 at 11:12 PM).

• I will try to check what chip is inside. But if it's the S905 and not the X, shouldn't the standard S905 build work? Now, I have the build especially for the S905X (Pulsar build) that is working...
    [hr]
    I can confirm my unit has the S905X. I checked with CPU-Z and it says it's the Amlogic p212 board.

Ok, I purchased mine from amazon for $44 with the same description, but received the S905

Description
    "Beelink Mini MX3 II 4K TV Box Streaming Media Player Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad- core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2GHz Penta-core ARM Mali-450 RAM DDR3 2GB ROM Onboard eMMC Flash 16GB 2.4G Wifi BT4.0 100M LAN TV Box"

• Weird, maybe new stock is moving to s905x? I believe they did the same thing with s905 and s905 rev C. When i got my box it had rev C processor while others had the older one.

EDIT

Its a different box which is called the Beelink MINI MXIII II

Terrible name but we now know.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 9, 2016 at 3:48 AM).

• Weird, maybe new stock is moving to s905x? I believe they did the same thing with s905 and s905 rev C. When i got my box it had rev C processor while others had the older one.

EDIT

My description said "MiniMX3 II S905x"

When I got my box, it did look opened, no wire tie around the power supply cable and just kind of messy in box, wonder if i got a returned unit?

Do you think the S905x is better than the S905?
    I guess what I’m saying is, I bought it through amazon which offers free returns + free shipping. I can order another one in hopes to get correct unit for same price. If its not, i can still return both as not described correctly and be out of pocket $0
    [hr]
    Went ahead and printed a return lable for the S905 and re order another one, we'll see what we get the 2nd time around.

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 9, 2016 at 4:38 AM).

• Unfortunately, the latest 7.0.2.007 doesn't work at all on my Beelink MiniMX III with S905X. Pulsar's build boots just fine, but doesn't recognize the original remote. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix that?

You can paste the remote.conf from android to /storage/.config and then run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf from ssh and see if it works.
    Else you ssh into LE , press any key on the remote, type dmesg -c, check the code displayed. the whole procedure to map the keys to the remote is available on the internet. Once you get the factory code then it is relatively simple (using keymap editor).

EDIT

The Beelink MiniMX III II is exactly what I have.
    [hr]

You can paste the remote.conf from android to /storage/.config and then run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf from ssh and see if it works.
    Else you ssh into LE , press any key on the remote, type dmesg -c, check the code displayed. the whole procedure to map the keys to the remote is available on the internet. Once you get the factory code then it is relatively simple (using keymap editor).

Okay, thank you. Sounds very complicated, but I'll dive in this weekend :)

Edited once, last by beelinkert (September 9, 2016 at 11:47 AM).

• The Beelink MiniMX III II is exactly what I have.
    [hr]

Okay, thank you. Sounds very complicated, but I'll dive in this weekend

Try this file. rename it to remote.conf and Copy it to /storage/.config/ . Then type remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf from ssh shell or reboot. if you use win SCP it will be much easier. I have a MINI M8S-II and I had the same issue. I googled and gathered the info and got my remote working finally. Best of Luck

• Can you (S905X guys) test this build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160909192321-r23330-g284fbb8.img.gz (diff included in folder)

This is 7.0.2.007 with console changed from tty0 to tty1. I am wondering if it can make an impact in any way. Thank you in advance for sharing your results.

Experience on my Mini M8S II was even worse than before. Boot was only successful after 9 or 10 trials. Reboot failed again after successful installation. It took at least 2 to 3 trials everytime I reboot.

On my M18 (S905) under Android (5.1), press the remote 'Power' button pop up a menu to choose between power off, suspend or reboot. However on the Mini M8S II (S905x) under Android (6.0), the remote 'Power' button will turn off the Android TV box, no pop up menu. Hope this information help.

• Hi,

Not boot on my MINI M8S II and A95X.

boot partition not mounted at start.

SYL

PS: With the rom LibreELEC-S905X.aarch64-7.0.2.006.2.img.gz en my MINI M8S II, the RC have 6 button not work. (Backward, forward, Custom buton RED + GREEN + YELLOW + BLUE)

Edited once, last by mips (September 9, 2016 at 8:49 PM).

• Just installed this new build on sd card. It's working great. So far no problems at all.

My box is Nexbox A95X (S905X, 2gb/16gb)
    - wifi 5ghz ok
    - 2 usb ports ok
    - bluetooth ok
    - tvheadend server with Mygica T230 usb-dvb-t2 ok

Has anyone try install this on NAND yet? I'd really like to do that but being afraid of bricking it due to not having tools to unbrick.

In case I try install on NAND and brick, will it still be possible to boot from sd card?

pulsar, Thanks a lot.

Is it possible to boot on USB Stick with this rom for A95X?

• Can you (S905X guys) test this build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160909192321-r23330-g284fbb8.img.gz (diff included in folder)

This is 7.0.2.007 with console changed from tty0 to tty1. I am wondering if it can make an impact in any way. Thank you in advance for sharing your results.

Device - Tanix Tx5 Pro (s905x 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC)

Tested from uSD card (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160909192321-r23330-g284fbb8.img.gz)

Mostly fails with the folowing error:
    *** Error in mount flash: mount common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 ***

Rarely when boots normally only difference with 007 build is that Bluetooth successfully pairs with Amazon FireTV 1 remote

Attached is complete log...
    ---
    Also output from ls /dev/tty*

• Device - Tanix Tx5 Pro (s905x 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC)

Tested from uSD card (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160909192321-r23330-g284fbb8.img.gz)

Mostly fails with the folowing error:

Rarely when boots normally only difference with 007 build is that Bluetooth successfully pairs with Amazon FireTV 1 remote

Attached is complete log...
    ---
    Also output from ls /dev/tty*

Same problem booting from SD on a S905x T95X 1G/8B

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 10, 2016 at 11:39 PM).

• While I'm waiting for my S905X devel box to be delivered (ordered yesterday thanks to a few kind donations, will take some time to arrive), can you guys test a next build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d.img.gz

This one has a slightly reworked boot procedure following an advice from   balbes150 to rely on partition labels instead of mmcblk numbers.

Tested on Nexbox A95X (S905X 2/16gb)
    - test booting (3-4 times) from sd card --- so far no problems

Thanks

• While I'm waiting for my S905X devel box to be delivered (ordered yesterday thanks to a few kind donations, will take some time to arrive), can you guys test a next build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d.img.gz

This one has a slightly reworked boot procedure following an advice from   balbes150 to rely on partition labels instead of mmcblk numbers.

Device - Tanix Tx5 Pro (s905x 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC)

Tested from uSD card (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d.img.gz)

First boot was successful but after power off/on fails with the following error:

From successful boot this is complete log

----
    Tested again, this time on second uSD card

this time with LibreELEC LOGO and this error:

cp: can't start '/flash/SYSTEM': No such file or directory
    *** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: could not mount /flash/SYSTEM ***