S905x support, what is needed?

• Latest dev build should have sound issues fixed (please use 7.0.2.007 device trees): 2016-09-25-devel

Thank you! I'm really sorry for bothering you with another newbie question today but is there anything I should read on the wiki about device trees? I see it mentioned around here a lot but don't know what that means and what I should do about it.

• Thank you! I'm really sorry for bothering you with another newbie question today but is there anything I should read on the wiki about device trees? I see it mentioned around here a lot but don't know what that means and what I should do about it.

My advice is to look at 7.0.2.007 release post: LibreELEC

• Hi,

I tried kszaq's latest dev build (without Kernel (I do not need one as S905X owner, I believe?) and I am facing the following issues:
    When playing a movie, the video is not centered. There's no black bar at the bottom but an even bigger bar at the top.
    The movie has an DTS HD audio track but there is only DTS passthorugh (There was no setting for DTS-HD passthrough I believe).

Thanks for your efforts!

• hummel95 Please remember to include more details when telling about issues, my crystal ball is a bit faulty. ;)

Are you by any chance using 4K TV? There is an issue with video scaling I've been noticed about when using smtpe resolutions. I'm unable to fix it since I don't have a 4K TV.

For HD passthrough you should read a few posts back where we discuss HD Audio and you would know that you need to download and use a p212 device tree from 7.0.2.007 build.

MPeartnoy Can you please test channel mapping with the latest dev build?

• Latest dev build should have sound issues fixed (please use 7.0.2.007 device trees): 2016-09-25-devel

Thanks~~~
    I've tested it.
    I have to delete dtb.img befaore booting and force to set 44.1Khz(Fixed).
    Others are OK so far.
    I have TX5 and new android firmware come out.
    But If I update new one, Libreelc won't boot any methods(toothpick and others).
    I think they change u-boot.
    Do you have any idea ?

• With this dev. build, my usb dvb-t2 tuner (Mygica T230) is not detected in tvheadend anymore. Maybe there is no backported dvb driver as previous versions.

Is this on S905X device as you posted in S905X thread? Drivers are there. You should post a log.

• hummel95 Please remember to include more details when telling about issues, my crystal ball is a bit faulty. ;)

Are you by any chance using 4K TV? There is an issue with video scaling I've been noticed about when using smtpe resolutions. I'm unable to fix it since I don't have a 4K TV.

For HD passthrough you should read a few posts back where we discuss HD Audio and you would know that you need to download and use a p212 device tree from 7.0.2.007 build.

Sorry!
    I am using a 4K TV and set up following resolution: 3840x2160 24p. I did play a video with 3840x1608 24p, so it looks like I am facing the scaling issue as well.
    My device is an Sunvell T95X with S905X chipset (1 GB RAM).

Cheers!

• Hello everyone.

I have Mini M8S II with this buid installed on internal memory:

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz

I have serious problems with boot.

Sometimes boot only with black screen, sometimes freeze on LibreELEC screen and sometimes freeze on KODI boot screen.

Please where is the problem.

I try other builds (devel_09_15, devel_09_25) but on this builds i have broken audio.

Thx

• You have two options to test audio with latest development build:

• Keep you current device tree: you will have to set audio to fixed 44.1kHz and HD Audio won't work.
    • Use an updated device tree from 7.0.2.007 build folder or simply keep dtb.img that is already provided in SD card image. This should fix audio issues but be careful when installing to internal memory: if your partition layout is different than stock Amlogic, you will get a soft-brick (recoverable by factory Android image).

• You have two options to test audio with latest development build:

• Keep you current device tree: you will have to set audio to fixed 44.1kHz and HD Audio won't work.
    • Use an updated device tree from 7.0.2.007 build folder or simply keep dtb.img that is already provided in SD card image. This should fix audio issues but be careful when installing to internal memory: if your partition layout is different than stock Amlogic, you will get a soft-brick (recoverable by factory Android image).

Mini M8SII is S905X device. Install guide:

S905X: You don't need to provide a device tree.