LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC

• I have a Vorke Z5 (S905W, 2GB DDR3, 16GB eMMC, VFD) running AdamG's alpha builds. Great stuff except three issues:

3. The VFD works with the DTB from MinixTX3 - but the display is upside-down and the icons are not used.

Any chance to correct this with VFD parameters in the new builds?

Try this VFD. To enable the icons install the FD628 Service addon.

Edit: You have to be running 8.90.6.

• @The Coolest

Can you make/fix one dtb.img for my X92 box?

I have perfect display on 8.90.4 and 8.90.6, but new 8.2.4OC version from @wrxtasy works best for my needs, and I'd like to use it with proper display. With present dtb.img I can get only garbage...

The needed dtb image is "gxm_q200_3g.dtb" from HERE

Tnx for your work, which brings a big smile to my face!

• Tnx,

but I have tried with this dtb.img before, and the reason I don't use it is simple; with all old dtb images I cannot use GPU overclock to full potential. With any old images I get 400/666MHz GPU clock speeds, using new 8.2.4 overclock image from @wrxtasy.

On the other hand, with new dtb.img, I pointed you to, I get GPU speeds of 500/792MHz. With this increase and with new "subtitle stutter fix" I can finaly play all my video material with hardware decoding without any issues on my X92 box.

• Sholander

Is there a place to get all of these new DTBs? I rather do this once for all of them rather than one at a time.

I'll add the required data into them and post them. I'll also let wrxtasy know about this addition, maybe he'd be able to add that to all his future DTBs.

wrxtasy

Could you please add this PR/patch to your DTB sources?

Add "le-vfd" section for the vfd driver. by arthur-liberman · Pull Request #103 · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

Regarding the Vorke Z5. Anyone who has this model, can you confirm that the vfd.conf posted above works or not? I'd like to add it to the vfd repository.

nooan

• Sholander

Is there a place to get all of these new DTBs? I rather do this once for all of them rather than one at a time.

I'll add the required data into them and post them. I'll also let wrxtasy know about this addition, maybe he'd be able to add that to all his future DTBs.

I know only of those from the link on Mega posted above...

• No way to get it to work, even light up any pixel...

Used new service.fd628_v.1.1.100 (and old v.1.1), from my archive with no results. I cannot find this service on repositories any more.

When I try to run commands from your instalation package, I get this:

install.sh: line 19: /storage/.local/share/fd628/FD628Service: Permission denied

test_led.sh: line 22: ./FD628Service: Permission denied

• Result, no change:

I see FD628Display (Team LibreELEC-1.1.100) is running; have it configured same as with LE_v.8.90.4(6) but no display

created autostart.sh

Code
    sh /storage/.local/share/fd628/stop_service.sh
    insmod /storage/.local/share/fd628/aml_fd628.ko
    /storage/.local/share/fd628/FD628Service &
  • Sholander

I don't know what version you downloaded or trying to install, but it's not the right one. I can tell by the error message.

Download it from this post, then it should work. (just tested it to confirm) Make sure that you extract\overwrite all files from this archive.

May require to do chmod 0755 FD628Service again.

• OK, I used an old version of your "FD628 Display.zip"

Downloaded new version from your post, but with same results and same output in terminal like posted above...

Installed driver from your .zip

FD628 Display Settings:

Display type = 2

Common anode = ON

indexes -> 4, 0, 1, 2, 3

Result -> not even 1 pixel lights up.

• No. As I thought it is only used for v.8.90.6 with display driver v.1.1.100

In your zip file is driver v.1.1 and that one I installed without luck.

It is for me very confusing with 2 versions of this driver, and autostart.sh not needed for new version which btw, I cannot find any more in repositorries. And more than one dtb.img make it even more confusing, so I get lost :)

When I sort my thoughts after a rest, I'll try with the newes driver v.1.1.100 I have in my archive together with vfd.conf. As I understand so far, in this case autostart is not needed, or?