DTS Passthrough not working

• Hi,

here is my Setup: Raspberry PI3 with HiFiBerry Digi+ with optical cable to my Audio receiver.

Until last week, I had OpenELEC 8.0.4 running on my PI and I enabled Passthrough + DTS capable Receiver.

When I played an mkv File with DTS audio track, my receiver said: DTS

Now I installed LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha nightly build and configered in the same way.

Now my receiver says: Dolby Digital (seems to be a Downmixing).

Any ideas?

PS: I have a full system export of all files from both systems available. I attached both guisettings.xml files to compare.

Thank you!

• I found this when I was setting up my RPi2 with HDMI -> TV -> passthrough via optical to amp. I don't have HifiBerry tho. I think everything worked for me on OE7, but not when I got to LE8. I ended up with this fix which might help you. I use SSH to get to the command line and then follow these instructions. If you're not using SSH, you'll need to work out how to access /flash in write mode.

mount -o remount,rw /flash

Edit /flash/config.txt with the following ( nano /flash/config.txt will do this for you)

# Fix DTS passthrough

hdmi_audio_config=0x200

hdmi_clock_change_limit=40

mount -o remount,ro /flash

In my notes, I seem to be questioning whether the final line should be =20 instead of =40, but I can't remember why I was dithering about this. I've been using 40 since whenever with no issues so maybe 40 is fine. If not, you can google around this see if it helps you make progress

• Here is the logfile of a sample.file with DTS Sound:

Creating audio stream (codec id: 86020, channels: 6, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)

why?? :(

Edited once, last by pipsen (February 23, 2018 at 10:24 PM).