Remote power trouble

• gulp79

It is not strange, it is normal. Saved on hardware and programming, typical "Made in Chi ....":) I do not think your device supports the real 1067 Mhz.

Please wait, I will compile another u-boot for you.

• Sorry to be a pain but never done this before. Managed to connect to the box using WinSCP as per your instructions. To enter the command, presumably I have to start the Console (?) When I enter the command there, however, I get the following error: "Command ... failed with return code 0 and error msg 1+0 records in, 1+0 records out, 8MB copied." I guess that is not what should be happening?

• Sorry to be a pain but never done this before. Managed to connect to the box using WinSCP as per your instructions. To enter the command, presumably I have to start the Console (?) When I enter the command there, however, I get the following error: "Command ... failed with return code 0 and error msg 1+0 records in, 1+0 records out, 8MB copied." I guess that is not what should be happening?

copy the complete output from the console and post it here

use putty instead of winspc

• Putty same result just no error:

LibreELEC (community): 8.2.2.3 (S912.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/env bs=8M count=1 && sync

1+0 records in

1+0 records out

8388608 bytes (8.0MB) copied, 0.145683 seconds, 54.9MB/s

LibreELEC:~ #

should I proceed?

• gulp79

It is not strange, it is normal. Saved on hardware and programming, typical "Made in Chi ....":) I do not think your device supports the real 1067 Mhz.

Please wait, I will compile another u-boot for you.

Download u-boot.bin.sd.bin DDR4

- Get an extra sd card for testing

- Format this sd card in FAT 32

#Install

Code
    sudo dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/sdX bs=1 count=442 && sync
    sudo dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/sdX bs=512 skip=1 seek=1 && sync

boot from sdcard

short pin 29 and 30 (see 8mQwqj9s3TrgBe) then plug the power adapter into the socket, after ~2 sec. release the pins.

Edited once, last by bumerc: added a link to the upgrade_mode snapshot (March 29, 2018 at 10:44 AM).

• that's right:)

• cheers :) something is telling me this isn't tho (?):

LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader

dd: writing '/dev/bootloader': No space left on device

8193+0 records in

8192+0 records out

4194304 bytes (4.0MB) copied, 0.185862 seconds, 21.5MB/s

LibreELEC:~ #

• ehm, me again. the emergency SD card won't boot. what was I supposed to burn on it - the .tar.gz file, the .tar file inside it, or the .img file inside the .tar file?

when I try to extract the .img file, 7-zip says "cannot open file as tar archive, open as MBR archive." and then "unexpected end of data 1.img"

the .tar.gz file I was able to burn on the SD card but windows won't then read it and box does nothing when plugged in

Figured it out. To make your guide even a bit more idiot-proof, the part I missed was 1) you burn the .tar file to the card and 2) you have to start it using the toothpick method. Keep your fingers crossed for the final steps :D

• IT WORKS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

just to add to my previous post that 3) wired connection did not work for me in the emergency system and had to use wifi, 4) in the last section of your code I figured there is a forward slash missing in dd if=dev/zero

• Sorry, yandex disk automatically compresses the folders in zip format, I did not see that. I will update the link in the installation guide. You only need the * .img file

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.6-h96pp-emergency-sdcard.img.tar.gz — Яндекс.Диск

Edit: Try this tutorial, use win32disk manager with "Verify" option. "Verify" is equivalent to the linux command "sync"

Can i replace "u-boot.bin" inside LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.6-h96pp-emergency-sdcard.img.tar.gz with your "u-boot.bin.sd.bin" for DDR4 and use the emergency LE instead to short pin 29 and 30?

So i want to rename "u-boot.bin.sd.bin" to "u-boot.bin" and overwrite "u-boot.bin" on "SD card 2" with LE Emergency...