Remote power trouble

• It freezes in LE and with Android. Without your u-boot.bin everything works as expected (except power on with LE). So i dont think, its the power supply. I would like to debug, but i dont know how. Now i'm back on the original Freaktab firmware. How can i get the log about RAM? Do i need e serial connection? Tutorial somewhere?

Use uart for logging (see page 7)

Which DTB file did you use?

• EUREKA!!!

Finally is all ok, 3GB and power bug resolved!!!

Many many thanks bumerc

in attachement the complete log also with poweroff and poweron by remote.

Great work man!!!

• Thank, just get crap over my Arduino with pl2303 USB->Serial chip. Have to get another cable first.

But maybe you could compile a version with LPDDR3@912Mhz

Seems somebofy here has a similar problem. It is russian, so i cant understand all, just google translator.

• Thank, just get crap over my Arduino with pl2303 USB->Serial chip. Have to get another cable first.

But maybe you could compile a version with LPDDR3@912Mhz

Seems somebofy here has a similar problem. It is russian, so i cant understand all, just google translator.

It does not matter how you connect it - uart to usb adapter or Arduino. Important are the settings and the correct wiring to the PCB.

Settings:

baud = 115200

Data bits = 8

Stop bits = 1

Parity = none

Flowcontrol = none

Wiring:

PCB GND <———-> Arduino GND

PCB RX <————> Arduino TX

PCB TX <————> Arduino RX

912Mhz is definitely too much for this type of memory (tested on v6 board), I can reduce the clk rate a bit.

• Dont understand, why it is too much, because this chip has a clock rate of 933Mhz.

With Serial i just get something like this, unreadable:

Maybe due to SoftwareSerial i'm using on Duemilanove, beacuse board is connected to USB Serial. Is it possible to change the baudrate of the UART port? I think lower speed would help, because i read, that SoftwareSerial does not really work with 115200

Edited once, last by TheChief (April 11, 2018 at 10:38 AM).

• TheChief

1. Maybe your box has a weak power supply. For this device, memory initialization already breaks at 816Mhz. Ask the manufacturer of this box.

1. Use UART USB Serial Converter e.g. CP2102

• I will try another power supply, but ias i said, i dont think, this is the problem. Is working without the modified ROM.

EDIT: Another power supply, same result. Freezing at android boot logo.

Edited once, last by TheChief (April 11, 2018 at 12:25 PM).

• I use that image from Freaktab, it is working without modifying the u-boot. I tried your method to write u-boot and i tried the other way Amlogic Customization Tool. Same results, freeze after some seconds or minutes (LE and Android). But u are right, without log or something, it is difficult. You said, you tested with v6, do you have the same LPDDR chip on board (D9TXF)?