Is there a good LibreElec build for my Acer Revo AR3700-U3002

• I have an old (2011) Acer Revo AR3700-U3002 running OpenElec 5.0.8. It gives me OK 1080p video, but chokes on HEVC x265 and UHD 4K videos. Is there any better version of LE that will give me more ability to play the newer video formats? I wonder if it is even possible to upgrade the GPU to get 4K playback? What build do you recommend, and where do I find it? How would I perform the upgrade? I'm a newbie in these matters.

• If you are unable to run a 64-bit version of LibreELEC (try booting it from a USB stick), then I'm afraid you are stuck with the last 32-bit build of OpenELEC.

Replacing the GPU in such nettop boxes is not an option. It is simply soldered to the motherboard. The best option for 4K video is simply to get better/newer hardware such as Amlogic S905 based boxes. Your Acer Revo will never properly display 4K videos with the ION-1 onboard graphics card.

• A revo 3700 will run libreelec generic (64-bit) - but it will still choke on x265 (and I'd guess on 4k as well).

Agree on the S905 boxes - I retired 2 r3610s and replaced them with S905s.

• I have a Revo 3700 running LE9 nightly (latest official LE8.2.2 also works) and it's very nice for h264 1080 and can also play h265 720, but anything more than that is beyond it - the GPU simply isn't up to it.

• If you are unable to run a 64-bit version of LibreELEC (try booting it from a USB stick), then I'm afraid you are stuck with the last 32-bit build of OpenELEC.

Replacing the GPU in such nettop boxes is not an option. It is simply soldered to the motherboard. The best option for 4K video is simply to get better/newer hardware such as Amlogic S905 based boxes. Your Acer Revo will never properly display 4K videos with the ION-1 onboard graphics card.

It does have an SDcard slot, so maybe I could try that port to boot from, but which build would I be using?

Thanks for your advice

• We only have the 64bit Generic build for Intel-type boxes, so that would be the 8.2.3 Generic build. Paste the .tar file into the update folder and reboot. Do switch to the default Confluence skin first before upgrading, other skins may cause a problem when there is no Krypton-compatible version available.

• We only have the 64bit Generic build for Intel-type boxes, so that would be the 8.2.3 Generic build. Paste the .tar file into the update folder and reboot. Do switch to the default Confluence skin first before upgrading, other skins may cause a problem when there is no Krypton-compatible version available.

Thank you, Klojum, I did what you said and it booted right up and works much better than my old version. Even preserved most of my Kodi settings. I would not have known how to do it without your help. Mucho Mahalos :cool: