No connections

• I’m sure this has been asked 1000 times, but I’ve searched and can’t digure it out after 2 days. I loaded libreelec onto a second Ian to launch from the stick. I’m assuming somehow the os isn’t seeing the WiFi. There is no wired or wireless options and the connections section is blank. I also verified that wireless LAN is enabled in bios. What am I missing? /shrug

Any help would be much appreciated

• Ok sorry if I answer this wrong

Running off a San disk extreme plugged in to a Lenovo yoga 720 laptop. I apologize, I’m not sure how to find my wireless chipset

• Presumably this laptop is using unsupported hardware, hardware which may only be supported by Windows drivers.

Best thing you can do is:

1. Add "textmode" (without quotes) to the end of the kernel command line of the USB stick - use the "live" mode entry so that it looks like this:

Code
    APPEND boot=UUID=<something> live quiet tty vga=current textmode

The file to edit is "syslinux.cfg" - edit the file in the root if booting with legacy BIOS, or edit the file in EFI/BOOT if booting with UEFI.

2. Boot into "live" mode and you should find yourself in a text console

3. Run the command "createlog" and this will create a zip archive in /storage/logfiles (ignore the two errors about missing /storage/.kodi/temp)

4. Copy the zip archive from /storage/logfiles to another USB flash drive

5. Upload the zip file from the USB flash drive to somewhere on the internet (ie. Dropbox, Googledrive etc.)

6. Post the URL link for the zip file

No promises that your hardware (which isn't really the ideal target hardware for LibreELEC) will be supported but the zip file should provide some clues.

• If you only have one USB stick (or one USB port) then after running createlog, run:

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

and copy the zip file to /flash.

Then shutdown the laptop, boot into your normal OS (probably Windows) and upload the zip file from the USB memory stick.

• thank you so much for the info. i honestly have no idea how to execute the steps you laid out. This probably isnt the software for me. Thank you again for the detailed response