OpenElec fresh install - won't install any addons

• I'd run Kodi on a Raspberry Pi2 via OpenElec for years with no issues. Recently I decided to upgrade to Krypton via LibreElec.

I installed LibreElec via an 8GB sd card using the LibreElec usb-sd writer. LibreElec installs and boots fine; however, I am unable to install any addons - weather, skins, kodi repo addons, LibreElec repo addons, you name it. Nothing will install. I have reset LibreElec, wiped and reisntalled, and tried all the missing dependency error solutions I have found on the web: nothing works. The error messages I get when trying to install mainly just state that the addon failed to install, sometimes dependency errors.

Anyone have a similar experience or can offer any insight into this? Have been tearing my h-a-i-r* out!

*Why is h-a-i-r a censored word?

• *Why is h-a-i-r a censored word?

We had to take a few drastic measures to prevent spammers from infiltrating this forum with their dirty work.

Yep, networked and connections are fine.

Have you also enabled the 'Wait for Network' option to 30 seconds (Raspberry Pi's are relatively slow) so the network is initialized properly at boot?

After that, try refreshing the Kodi repository via the slide menu on the left of the screen. When that is done, all Kodi repository add-ons should be available.

• btw the problem you are facing is that kodi never updated his repo data when your device had an internet connection, that is a know problem and likely fixed in 8.2.3

workaround is

Have you also enabled the 'Wait for Network' option to 30 seconds (Raspberry Pi's are relatively slow) so the network is initialized properly at boot?

After that, try refreshing the Kodi repository via the slide menu on the left of the screen.

• I'm having the exact same problem (fresh install of 8.2.5; used the Windows SD card tool to install). Adding "Wait for network" or trying to refresh the repositories does not help. I can browse the SMB shares of the Kodi installation from a Windows computer on my network, but Kodi is unable to see the SMB network (even though I added SMB1->SMB3). I can login to Kodi via SSH and it has a IP adress. In other words, it's not a network issue. I'm having an older (Kodi 17.3) OpenElec setup that works just fine on the same network.

To me, it seems the installation procedure is buggy as hell.

• OpenELEC 17.3 is already 1.5 years old and no longer a viable option for today as it lacks specific system updates which prevents it from properly scraping videos. It is simply no longer being developed as far as we know.

The installation procedure is not buggy as hell. Kodi is running on millions of devices, if it was that 'buggy as hell', there would be a huge problem.

IMO, the whole SMB situation is a big f*cking mess thanks to Microsoft, and them using different/changing standards without proper user guidance. SMBv2+ now requires a Windows account WITH a password, which doesn't have to be a problem if you use Kodi's "Add a network location..." option and enter full credentials for a SMB connection.

• If you want it use SMB1 set Kodi smbclient version min/max to SMB1 so it cannot connect using SMB2 or higher, because the default protocol version is SMB2 or SMB3 (I forget which) and if enabled, it will connect and fail, there is no dynamic step-down to SMB1. Yes this is complicated. No it's not our fault. Either way, the sooner you start using authenticated connections the sooner you won't have to reconfigure Kodi again once some other MS change is pushed down.