Libreelec, Amlogic and game emulation

• Hello guys,

I hope you can help me: I am using a S905X box with libreelec and Kodi leia (installed on NAND). This works very well but now I want to use game emulators for N64 and PSX. After doing a lot of research, I found dozens of ways how to achieve this goal. But there is not a single guide which is for my hardware/software constellation and which is easy to follow.

After some time I found this and I can install it as an addon. After that I have a 'retroarch' shortcut in kodi which only restarts kodi if I press it. Nothing else happens.

Any idea, any advice, any help how to get retrogame emulation to work on libreelec without loosing the very good kodi leia build by GDPR-2 ?

• Hello guys,

I hope you can help me: I am using a S905X box with libreelec and Kodi leia (installed on NAND). This works very well but now I want to use game emulators for N64 and PSX. After doing a lot of research, I found dozens of ways how to achieve this goal. But there is not a single guide which is for my hardware/software constellation and which is easy to follow.

After some time I found this and I can install it as an addon. After that I have a 'retroarch' shortcut in kodi which only restarts kodi if I press it. Nothing else happens.

Any idea, any advice, any help how to get retrogame emulation to work on libreelec without loosing the very good kodi leia build by GDPR-2 ?

Hi,

take a look here TUTORIAL (S805/ S905/ S912) : MXQProject Retro Gaming Experience Install Guide – The MXQ Project

DL the Zip File, extract it and copy only the directorys which are RETROARCH, ROMS, EMULATIONSTATION to your working kodi. Then reboot your box and in Programs there will be RETROARCH and Folders with like "Psx" , "Arcade" and so on. As Example you can open the "ATARI" Folder with Pitfall and start it. If that works your good. Then you can copy psx images or Arcade zips or or or into the rom Folder with the prop. name. As controller i use the xbox360 with official wireless Adapter and it worked on "Tony Hawk" on Psx like charm. When your in the game and want out you must press the silver XBOX Home Button wich brings you to the RETROARCH Home Menu and there you can QUIT and Kodi will restart.

Hope this helps.

Greetz,

J.

• Can you give a little more information on where to copy those files?? thanks

• Load somerhing like FileExplorer which can ssh connections. Then go to the .kodi Folder in storage and there you find the folders. If a Folder isnt there you can copy the whole folder from the .tar file. For example: the folder „RETROARCH“ should not exist in .kodi so you can copy the whole folder.

In the .tar File is the whole folder structure like it is on your .kodi, like the addons folder and in this folder is f.e. The RETROARCH AND EMUSTATION folders.

• Load somerhing like FileExplorer which can ssh connections. Then go to the .kodi Folder in storage and there you find the folders. If a Folder isnt there you can copy the whole folder from the .tar file. For example: the folder „RETROARCH“ should not exist in .kodi so you can copy the whole folder.

In the .tar File is the whole folder structure like it is on your .kodi, like the addons folder and in this folder is f.e. The RETROARCH AND EMUSTATION folders.

I have been struggling for a couple of days, and still can not get it to work......... If you can give me DETAILED instructions on how to do that. I can use putty or the windows explorer. I downloaded the zip file and extracted the files, and placed the RETROARCH folder in the "configfiles" folder using Windows Explorer, but it still does not show up under addons...........

thanks

• I have been struggling for a couple of days, and still can not get it to work......... If you can give me DETAILED instructions on how to do that. I can use putty or the windows explorer. I downloaded the zip file and extracted the files, and placed the RETROARCH folder in the "configfiles" folder using Windows Explorer, but it still does not show up under addons...........

thanks

Sorry for the delayed answer. If you can get it work manually, here is another workaround which also installs the "emulationstation" which i like it more, cause it has a nicer graphic frontend and some really great themes. And it works like kodi, you can have covers and infos of the Games, and the Emustation can also scan and grab .... you must use the second instruction (********* forget this) for the EmuStation and Retroarch. This works for me like charm also.

** URL REMOVED AS IT REFERS TO PIRACY TOOLS ***

Greetz,

J.

• Ok then! Doesnt know that! Only the code for Emustation install on S905:

Code
    ssh -l root "LibreELEC IP"
    Password: libreelec
    cd /storage
    curl -LO https://archive.org/download/EmulationStationS905/EmulationStation_S905.tgz
    tar xopf EmulationStation_S905.tgz
    rm -f EmulationStation_S905.tgz
    reboot

To launch EmulationStation there is an included add-on to launch it (it will show up under "Program add-ons").

To return back to EmulationStation after opening a game, select "Quit RetroArch".

To boot back into Kodi select the Kodi option within EmulationStation.

The default ROM folder is at: /storage/roms

You must put some roms first, otherwise Emustaion will not start. As Controller i recomm. XBox 360 Wireless with usb Adapter or the wired version of it.

• The default ROM folder is at: /storage/roms who change this map?

its my I would like it the router pedndrive to fill the games.

asus rt-ac57u the router the access path of samba :

retroarch.cfg file:

smb://Vtmk_hack/grmcul_x_fr/xrom/

savefile_directory = "smb://Vtmk_hack/grmcul_x_fr/xrom/"

savestate_directory = "default"

input_remapping_directory = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config/remapping"

playlist_directory = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/playlist"

libretro_directory = "~/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/lib/libretro"

libretro_info_path = "~/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/lib/libretro"

libretro_log_level = "0"

system_directory = "~/emulators/retroarch/system"

assets_directory = "~/.config/retroarch/assets"

dynamic_wallpapers_directory = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/wallpaper"

boxarts_directory = "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/boxart"

config_save_on_exit = "true"

video_driver = "gl"

video_fullscreen = "true"

video_windowed_fullscreen = "false"

video_threaded = "true"

video_smooth = "false"

video_aspect_ratio_auto = "true"

video_font_path = "~/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/resources/font.ttf"

audio_out_rate = "48000"

audio_driver = "alsathread"

audio_device = "hw:0,1"

overlay_directory = "~/.config/retroarch/overlay"

osk_overlay_directory = "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/overlay"

input_driver = "udev"

input_joypad_driver = "udev"

input_max_users = "5"

input_autodetect_enable = "true"

joypad_autoconfig_dir = "~/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/resources/autoconfig"

input_menu_toggle = "f1"

menu_driver = "xmb"

menu_show_advanced_settings = "true"

menu_wallpaper_opacity = "1.000000"

menu_pause_libretro = "true"

menu_timedate_enable = "true"

menu_core_enable = "false"

rewind_enable = "false"

screenshot_directory = "~/emulators/retroarch/screenshots"

video_gpu_screenshot = "false"

fps_show = "false"

cursor_directory = "~/.config/retroarch/database/cursors"

core_assets_directory = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/dwonloads"

core_updater_buildbot_assets_url = "http://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/"

content_database_path = "~/.config/retroarch/database"

cheat_database_path = "~/.config/retroarch/cheats"

content_history_path = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config/content_history.lpl"

content_music_history_path = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config/content_music_history.lpl"

content_video_history_path = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config/content_video_history.lpl"

content_image_history_path = "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config/content_image_history.lpl"

video_shader_dir = "~/.config/retroarch/shaders"

video_filter_dir = "~/.config/retroarch/filters"

thumbnails_directory = "~/.config/retroarch/thumbnails"

audio_filter_dir = "default"

rgui_browser_directory = "smb://Vtmk_hack/grmcul_x_fr/xrom"

rgui_config_directory = "~/.config/retroarch/config"