Dropbox API error

• Hello,

I am new to LibreELEC, but have been using OpenELEC for many years. I use an application called WatchedList. This application has the ability to store its data in Dropbox. While this application works fine in Kodi for Android, and works fine in OpenELEC, I am unable to get the dropbox functionality to work in LibreELEC. I get an error which states "Dropbox API Error". I went into the log files and found this in the log:

07:43:30.639 T:140070029313792 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>

Error Contents: No module named pkg_resources

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/authenticate.py", line 10, in <module>

from lib.dropbox import DropboxOAuth2FlowNoRedirect

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>

from .dropbox import __version__, Dropbox, DropboxTeam, create_session # noqa: F401

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/dropbox.py", line 35, in <module>

from .session import (

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/session.py", line 1, in <module>

import pkg_resources

ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

-->End of Python script error report<--

Originally, before I managed to view the log, I thought it would be a good idea to install the dropbox addon, but this presented a similar error.

I think this has something to do with a missing component in Python, or something similar, but I am unable to find a solution using good old Google.

I have installed LibreELEC on an x86 machine in 64bit. The machine has 8Gb RAM and is not setup to dual boot or anything like that. It is a dedicated media center PC.

I have also installed LibreELEC in VMware to try to recreate the problem and possibly fix it there, before I go about tackling the problem 'in production'