WebGrab+Plus

• WGP should run on any OS providing the required version of Mono.

The LE addon however requires LE features (system.d and system.d automatic service activation).

• This is the only problem I currently have when using this addon, but hopefully that will be resolved with the PR mentioned above where there will be a before and after script.

A basic example is from your TV Guide addon LibreElec restricts browsing to this addons userdata folder where the guide.xml is produced, the same restriction occurs with the TV HeadEnd addon.

You just need to enable "Show hidden files and directories" from Kodi "Setttings\Appearance\File Lists".
    Make sure "Settings Level" is at least "Standard".
    Then you can point to "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/guide.xml" in TV Guide Fullscreen.

• Hi Awiouy,

Thanks for the response and info.

There is a thread in the main LibreELEC - Kodi Project thread on the odroid forum here
    In this thread a user created a LE build with docker included for Odroid C2.

So maybe there is a chance to make webgrab++ for docker on the C2?

Hello Awiouy,

Is this there a chance to make this work with docker for odroid C2?

• You just need to enable "Show hidden files and directories" from Kodi "Setttings\Appearance\File Lists".
    Make sure "Settings Level" is at least "Standard".
    Then you can point to "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/guide.xml" in TV Guide Fullscreen.

Thanks indeed :) I don't suppose you or anyone knows of a way to point a different libreelec install at that location? I have two libreelec installs that I would like to point at the same guide.xml. Workaround currently is to install this addon on both installs and generate their own guide xml but it's not ideal.

• Thanks indeed :) I don't suppose you or anyone knows of a way to point a different libreelec install at that location? I have two libreelec installs that I would like to point at the same guide.xml. Workaround currently is to install this addon on both installs and generate their own guide xml but it's not ideal.

A solution for you specific configuration is to create a Kodi network source on one of the LE to point at the second one (add a source, network location, smb://.../userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/), and access guide.xml via this source.

• Thanks indeed I don't suppose you or anyone knows of a way to point a different libreelec install at that location? I have two libreelec installs that I would like to point at the same guide.xml. Workaround currently is to install this addon on both installs and generate their own guide xml but it's not ideal.

Do you mean seperate devices or seperate installations on the same machine?

If you mean devices just make sure smb is enabled and point to guide.xml from the second device.

[EDIT] awiouy beat me to it. ;) Fast work. :)

Edited once, last by primaeval (August 15, 2016 at 1:21 PM).

• The PR has been pushed. The latest release of the addon provides WebGrab+Plus 56.29 pre, siteini.pack 20160807 and pre/post-processing.

To customise pre-processing, eg to update siteini.pack before WebGrab+Plus is called, simply create a before.sh shell script in the addon home folder.

To customise post-processing, eg to publish the guides to desired locations after WebGrab+Plus is called, simply create an after.sh shell script in the addon home folder.

Enjoy!

• awiouy

Been looking into cron which is readily available within LibreELEC OS, I would like to switch off current automated runs of Webgrabplus at boot-up and every six hours after a reboot and replace with a simple line added to /.cache/cron/crontabs/root

i.e. 0 3 * * * /.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start

Run job at 03:00 every day (0 20 * * * /.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start would run job at 20:00 every day)

I have already added line to my current cron configuration file via ssh and crontab -e command and believe I only need to switch on cron in Kodi settings for this job to run at the set time every day. (was thinking to try this out tonight)

would this not be an optimum way to run webgrabplus at user request time(s)?

editable by user and could be added to primeavals webgrabplus configurator as an option?

• You have several options to disable the system.d service
    1. disable the service via the Kodi Ui
    2. disable the service via the command line (systemctl stop service.webgrabplus, then systemctl disable service.webgrabplus)
    3. Uninstall the addon, and re-install the files from git (awiouy/webgrabplus)
    4. Uninstall the addon, re-install the piecemeal manually
    5. Fix the addon, eg to change it from a system.d/shell service to a Kodi/python service.

Option 5 would allow configuration/feedback via the Kodi UI, and to upgrade the addon from an LE specific addon to a more generic Kodi addon.

I never used cron

• Awiouy, thanks for your thoughts on options available

And just a quick update that cron config command does work, tried it at 18:45 and job ran fine
    (Cron seems to be enabled by default in LibreELEC for Raspberry Pi)

Note: missed adding /storage at start of working directory string for webgrabplus.start in previous post in error.

Code
    45 18 * * * /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start

For general information, cron seems really easy to set-up, reference following for scheduling frequency settings

Code
    # ┌───────────── min (0 - 59)
     # │ ┌────────────── hour (0 - 23)
     # │ │ ┌─────────────── day of month (1 - 31)
     # │ │ │ ┌──────────────── month (1 - 12)
     # │ │ │ │ ┌───────────────── day of week (0 - 6) (0 to 6 are Sunday to
     # │ │ │ │ │                  Saturday, or use names; 7 is also Sunday)
     # │ │ │ │ │
     # │ │ │ │ │
     # * * * * *  command to execute

Ref Cron - Wikipedia

• You have several options to disable the system.d service
    1. disable the service via the Kodi Ui
    2. disable the service via the command line (systemctl stop service.webgrabplus, then systemctl disable service.webgrabplus)
    3. Uninstall the addon, and re-install the files from git (awiouy/webgrabplus)
    4. Uninstall the addon, re-install the piecemeal manually
    5. Fix the addon, eg to change it from a system.d/shell service to a Kodi/python service.

Option 5 would allow configuration/feedback via the Kodi UI, and to upgrade the addon from an LE specific addon to a more generic Kodi addon.

I never used cron

OK, for now as a temporary measure, I will go with disabling the addon from within kodi (Estuary Skin) via :-

Add-on browser -> My add-ons -> Services -> WebGrab+Plus (context menu -> Information) then Disable.

Then I will use the cron job for next few days at 03:00 to understand reliabilty of this method

Thanks for your support

• You're on your own, now

I think it would be nice to have more control over the service schedule if possible.

I still live in the crontab world but it looks like the system.d timers unit gives all the scheduling permuations that cron does.
    systemd/Timers - ArchWiki

A couple of day/hour/minute values in a settings.xml file, an update to service.webgrabplus.service and a service restart should do it.

• I think it would be nice to have more control over the service schedule if possible.

I still live in the crontab world but it looks like the system.d timers unit gives all the scheduling permuations that cron does.
    systemd/Timers - ArchWiki

A couple of day/hour/minute values in a settings.xml file, an update to service.webgrabplus.service and a service restart should do it.

Feel free to submit a PR ;)

What about removing the system.d service altogether, and using this in default.py, instead?

This would fit in Kodi/LE more naturally than cron or a system.d timer.

• Feel free to submit a PR

What about removing the system.d service altogether, and using this in default.py, instead?

This would fit in Kodi/LE more naturally than cron or a system.d timer.

That looks promising. Thanks.

From my addon's point of view that would allow me to schedule webgrab in windows and generic linux.

But I don't know if there is a LibreELEC way to do things?
    Sometimes there is a bigger picture.