Posts by primaeval

I can't get to a LibreELEC device right now. The kids have taken over the TV.
    I can't see where the settings get from settings.xml to webgrabplus.start in those zip files.

Excellent. Thanks.

Are you referring to guide.xml or another guide_*.xml file?
    guide.xml is only updated once, by a cp at the end of processing, which should be quite short.

You are right: I'm accessing the intermediate guide xml file. I'll set up the correct one.
    It still seems to be too much for my crappy little amlogic mxq box with things going on in the background though.
    I would feel a lot happier with the processing happening at night, just once a day.

Call the service/timer anything you like, eg webgrabplus.service/timer, as long as it is not service.webgrabplus.service.

Try it manually first ;)

I'm actually trying to modify your addon so that it can be flexible. This isn't my addon.
    When the time that it is running webgrab corresponds to a time I am using a TV Guide, it stops the TV Guide loading.
    I'm trying to make it configurable so webgrab can run in the middle of the night when nobody is awake and using the box.

Hi primaeval!

LE automatically:
    a) enables/starts service.webgrabplus.service at system startup
    b) runs default.py at Kodi startup

Modify one or the other to enable your timer. In any case, the service called by the timer should not be named service.webgrabplus.service.

To enable a service/timer:
    systemctl enable path-to-the-service-unit/service-unit

I hope this will help you. Keep me posted.

Thanks.

As far as I can see the .timer has to start a service called the same name .service in the same folder.
    If I can't call it .service because it gets started automatically by LE, do you know what I should call it?
    systemd.timer

I can see why people get frustrated by system.d now. ;)

awiouy I've had a go at adding a configurable system.d Timer to the service but have got stuck. Please help.

I can't work out how LibreELEC is triggering the system.d services. I tried to start the timer in the default.py file but it doesn't work.
    On reboot it runs the .service file even though it should start the .timer file.

I added a user setting for the system.d timer's OnCalendar field to make it as flexible as possible and a random delay to be nice to the servers.

The code so far is here:
    GitHub - primaeval/service.webgrabplus

Feel free to submit a PR

What about removing the system.d service altogether, and using this in default.py, instead?

This would fit in Kodi/LE more naturally than cron or a system.d timer.

That looks promising. Thanks.

From my addon's point of view that would allow me to schedule webgrab in windows and generic linux.

But I don't know if there is a LibreELEC way to do things?
    Sometimes there is a bigger picture.

You're on your own, now

I think it would be nice to have more control over the service schedule if possible.

I still live in the crontab world but it looks like the system.d timers unit gives all the scheduling permuations that cron does.
    systemd/Timers - ArchWiki

A couple of day/hour/minute values in a settings.xml file, an update to service.webgrabplus.service and a service restart should do it.

Thanks indeed I don't suppose you or anyone knows of a way to point a different libreelec install at that location? I have two libreelec installs that I would like to point at the same guide.xml. Workaround currently is to install this addon on both installs and generate their own guide xml but it's not ideal.

Do you mean seperate devices or seperate installations on the same machine?

If you mean devices just make sure smb is enabled and point to guide.xml from the second device.

[EDIT] awiouy beat me to it. ;) Fast work. :)