And :

<advancedsettings>

<gui>

<algorithmdirtyregions> 0 </ algorithmdirtyregions>

<nofliptimeout> 100 </ nofliptimeout>

</ gui>

</ advancedsettings>

Idea ?

Edited once, last by bindou (April 26, 2018 at 10:34 AM).

• I suspect it's an encoding issue (did you create the xml file on a Windows machine in notepad?).

Use this one and put it in the root of the userdata folder.

• Just to add, on Windows machines .xml and .sh files can be done using "Notepad++"

Yes, and i thought of mentioning it but i didn't remember if you have to change encoding settings (i just use vi). Therefore i went for the easy option and just sent him my own file :)

• :thumbup:

To save a new file as .xml one just has to use Save As .xml - eXtensible Markup Language file format

For new .sh one has to use Save As .sh - Unix script file format

Edited 2 times, last by Sholander (April 26, 2018 at 1:15 PM).

• It works, the subtitle problem seems to have disappeared. Thank you very much.

On the other hand, contrary to what was indicated, I did not note any change in the general display of the interface.

• It works, the subtitle problem seems to have disappeared. Thank you very much.

On the other hand, contrary to what was indicated, I did not note any change in the general display of the interface.

Can Someone used dirty region settings in s905x? Or specifically used for S912.

• It is a Kodi settings, so everyone can use it, but to what result is the right question ;)

On S912 (together with GPU overclock) it solves the "Subtitle Stutter" problem, so it produces a worthy result.

Ok, no problem.

What do you mean by a change in the general display in the interface? I did not indicate anything about this. Disabling dirty regions does not alter the display of the interface as far as i know. What's currently wrong with your interface?

• HOW-TO:Modify dirty regions - Official Kodi Wiki

0 Off The entire viewport is always rendered.1UnionAll dirty regions are grouped into the smallest possible rectangle. This is typically the fastest mode for slower GPUs due to only making one pass.

2 Cost reductionEach dirty region is presented separately, in as many passes as there are regions.

3 Whole ScreenThe entire screen is rendered if there are any dirty regions. This, combined with nofliptimeout is a safe default for drivers that clear buffer contents (manifests as blinking or vibrating images). Default

• HOW-TO:Modify dirty regions - Official Kodi Wiki

0 Off The entire viewport is always rendered.1UnionAll dirty regions are grouped into the smallest possible rectangle. This is typically the fastest mode for slower GPUs due to only making one pass.

2 Cost reductionEach dirty region is presented separately, in as many passes as there are regions.

3 Whole ScreenThe entire screen is rendered if there are any dirty regions. This, combined with nofliptimeout is a safe default for drivers that clear buffer contents (manifests as blinking or vibrating images). Default

So, what's your point exactly? What issue do you have with the interface? Is it too slow? Too fast? Is it flickering? Do the smurfs appear and start dancing all over the interface, making all sorts of dirty regions?

As i understand from the article:

The dirty regions setting affects how the interface is rendered. This effects the load on the CPU/GPU and therefore can have an effect (good, bad, not percebtible by the naked eye or anything in between). So it likely most people won't even see much difference when altering these settings, most do not even see the stutter which occurs when using external subtitles!

• According to the leaflet, different results should be expected. Indeed, in everyday life, the framerate of the interface fluctuates: 27fps-60fps. (Beelink GT1 Ultimate)

But these new parameters have not changed anything. But the subtitle problem is solved, which is not bad!

• I am using WrXtasy's 8.2.4-subtitles-ff firmware on my H96 Pro +

Yesterday I played a movie with TrueHD sound and noticed that the PCM conversion did not work anymore. I know 99% that after the fresh install of this firmware it was working fine.

The TV or receiver is indicating that it is receiving a PCM file, but there is no sound.

Of course in settings I have TrueHD an DTS HD capable dissabled.

I saw that in the downloads there is a 8.2.4.2-fix-lost-audio.tar file.

Is this update to fix this problem?

Sorry I can't find anything on the forum.

UPDATE!!

Very stupid from me, I just did put the volume in Kodi down (by accident) with the Yatse app.

I did not notice this, so every soundtrack in Dolby 5.1 and DTS was playing fine but all PCM tracks were complete silent.

The update "fix lost audio" made the confusion complete.

And so you learn:blush:

Edited 2 times, last by johnberg (June 11, 2018 at 10:33 PM).