Some HDMI-CEC problem with 8.0 and 9.0 versions

• I have an Intel NUC with internal Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adapter installed.

No any problems with LibreELEC version 7.x. All works fine. I've set in "power saving" menu for 90 minutes of idle time and "suspend".

After 90 minutes of no any input from my remote, NUC goes to suspend state and TV is switching off.

But with installed version 8.x and Milhouse 9.x alphas (clean installs) TV is not switching off anymore. I've tried various versions with no success.

The only solution is set in "power saving" to "shutdown" instead of "suspend". In this case the TV is switching off. But I have to manually switch on NUC after that.

What it can be? Am I stuck with version 7.x?

• Have an Intel NUC with the exact same problem. Already had trouble before when using the suspend option instead of shutdown but now nothing works. I have a Samsung TV, what TV do you have?

• This explains a lot. At least in the past Samsung didn't cooperate with cec as is should :cry:

As pnp said though, I had no problem with this on LibreELEC 7.0 or previous versions since I haven't changed anything with my TV wouldn't the problem be more likely to be caused by libCEC? I'm not an expert at all, I am asking out of ignorance.

• Have an Intel NUC with the exact same problem. Already had trouble before when using the suspend option instead of shutdown but now nothing works. I have a Samsung TV, what TV do you have?

Thank you for your remark. I am not one.

I have not up to date Philips TV. But it works fine with other HDMI-CEC sources without any problem.

Something changed in libCEC within 2 fresh releases.

I suspect that this thread Wake from suspend (CEC) has connection with our problem.

• Thank you for your remark. I am not one.

I have not up to date Philips TV. But it works fine with other HDMI-CEC sources without any problem.

Something changed in libCEC within 2 fresh releases.

I suspect that this thread Wake from suspend (CEC) has connection with our problem.

I tried the build made specially by vpeter but it did not solve my original problem. I will try the 8.2.1 version he just uploaded and see if it helps with the new issue.

• I am curios what is the difference between "suspend" and "shutdown" for libCEC?

In both cases the command which should sent to TV - "Off".

Why "shutdown" works, but "suspend" no?

• In my case, the problem was that the TV - OFF command was being sent "late". So my PC was going into suspend and leaving the TV on. Then when I power the PC back on, the TV was switching off then back on.

Now nothing is working though, neither shutdown nor suspend. TV always remains on.

• Then you can try workaround using file /storage/.config/sleep.d/01-cec-suspend.power (create folder first if doesn't exist)

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    case "$1" in
      pre)
        kodi-send -a "CECStandby"
        ;;
      post)
        ;;
    esac
  • No, only suspend. For shutdown script /storage/.kodi/shutdown.sh is used but kodi is already stopped when script is called. In this case cec-client program should be called. But don't know how.

• Same here. Pulse-eight paired with Denon AVR and Panasonic VT50.

With 7.0.3 all power states worked fine. Suspending libreelec turned off TV and avr. Turning on TV started libreelec and avr.

Since 8.x this does not work anymore. Libreelec suspend does not turn off my TV or avr. Turning on TV only sometimes continues libreelec from suspend.

Latest release affected 8.2.1.