LibreELEC Leia community build for Rockchip

• GDPR-1 i’m considering buying a rock64.

Can you tell me wahts is working ie video playback?

You should be aware that Rock64 is currently highly experimental. It could take weeks or months until we reach s better quality. Buying a device hoping everything will run smooth is not a good idea.

I've successfully tested 4K 10bit HEVC, several h.264, Netflix, Amazon VOD, Dazn, docker.

NF respectively Inputstream.adaptive streams decoded in SW run smooth up to 480p currently. 720p is critical.

Some 4K HDR or 4K 60fps videos are problematic. Some Audio Passthrough formats do not work. Occasional small graphic issues. But overall good GUI performance. Good Gigabit Network performance (better than OdroidC2). Good USB3 performance.

• I suppose that this build will work on the upcoming Renegade https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/renegade-arm-computer-with-usb-3-on-android-linux/x/4042493#/

I only support ROCK64 at the moment and I definitely will not support devices I don't own including that Renegade. I will probably support Rock960 and RockBox soon (getting those devices soon)

• I only support ROCK64 at the moment and I definitely will not support devices I don't own including that Renegade. I will probably support Rock960 and RockBox soon (getting those devices soon)

I see. But chipset of Renegade is same as Rock64, so I thought it would work on that too. Thanks for the tip about Rock960! When will it be available? It has RK3399 chipset like this Firefly : Firefly | Make technology more simple , Make life more intellingent.

• Not sure. We are currently getting some pre production developer samples. No idea when it will be available.

About the SoC being identical with the Rock64: That might be true and you can try it but if something doesn't work there is probably no way for me to fix.

• Hi Raybuntu,

I was surprised to see that there is an ongoing development for Rockchip devices. Last time i checked it was "blacklisted" by kodi devs , so thank you for putting efforts in that direction. I recently acquired a cool small geekbox based on RK3368 with PoverVR G6110 GPU which seems to be abandoned by the manufacturers so I am stuck with android MM firmware. So i am curious are there any plans for development of builds for this specific chip? As far as i remember there was a linux gpu driver provided by Mac_l1 for Lubuntu release for this box so it might be helpfull

Thanks again !

• Our RK support is focussed on current generation SoC chipsets with ARM Mali GPU's because that's where RK themselves are focussed in their push towards mainline kernel support. From a project perspective it's not "economically viable" to look at older chipsets when current generation boards and boxes can be had for $40.

• Pine64 does not provide a emmc sd adapter. You can dd the image while booting from SD card. There are some tricks to flash it using the Rock64 directly (google it). I never tried any of those cause I have no emmc.

• Hello i buy one rock64 4Gb , and i install your image krypton , it when i try to install one addon PVR Movistar , it install correctly, but rock64 restarts all the time , and it’s imposible to start .

When i try to install a emminence skin , fail too.

What can i do wrong ?

Thanks for your Job, and sorry for my bad english

• Hello i buy one rock64 4Gb , and i install your image krypton , it when i try to install one addon PVR Movistar , it install correctly, but rock64 restarts all the time , and it’s imposible to start .

When i try to install a emminence skin , fail too.

What can i do wrong ?

Thanks for your Job, and sorry for my bad english

I no longer support Krypton. Please use my most recent Leia image.