8.0.2 to 8.2.0 update problem(s)

• I updated from LE 8.02 but Kodi navigation goes NUTS when any button on my remote is pressed. It's like ultra-super-fast speed. It skips 2 or more categories with each press. It's nearly impossible to navigate. I also noticed my SMB shares were gone, but can't fix that with the remote issue, so I just went back to 8.0.2 and everything is normal again.

I read the notice about the SMB update for the new version and most of it made no sense to me. For those of us that don't understand the changes, can you please provide an SMB guide in SIMPLE English.

Intel NUC running LE 8.0.2

Windows 10 desktop (holds media)

Logitech Harmony 650 Remote

Update: I just read the LIRC changes and hope I can get to the Services Tab. Maybe I'll try a keyboard to get there.

Edited 3 times, last by blueribb (October 29, 2017 at 1:04 AM).

• OK - I tried again with a keyboard attached this time. I was able to disable the LIRC service and now I need help connecting to my wired network Windows 10 machine. SMB shares does not work. I tried smb://kitchen-pc (my previous connection) and get an error message "Operation not permitted", so then I tried NFS (Network File System) and got nada. Next I tried Zeroconf and still nada.

My current network uses no password (wired gigabit).

What must I do to get access to my media ?

HELP

• Make password and user on shares . And Use internal ip in stead of share name.

Can you give me a step-by-step. I have no idea what that means. Am I doing this on my Windows 10 pc or on Libreelec / Kodi ?

Use internal IP from what (windows 10 pc or Intel Nuc running Libreelec ?

I have a wired gigabit home network with password disabled. Libreelec runs on an Intel NUC in another room. My windows 10 desktop PC contains all my media.

• Exactly what does this mean: Windows SMB share sources must be added using the full server/share path.

I tried these but they did not work :

smb://kitchen-pc (this worked with LE 8.0.2)

kitchen-pc

//kitchen-pc

\\kitchen-pc

\\\kitchen-pc

• smb://<IP of your pc>

• Add a extra user on your pc
    • Give that user a password
    • for example : user : Kodi password: kodi

Go to the shares on your pc that need to be shared for kodi.

Rightclick the shares, select share and select the user you just made to have access.

Do that for all folders you want to share with Libreelec.

Go to Libreelec, and add the shares and give in the username and password of the created user on your pc.

• smb://<IP of your pc>

• Add a extra user on your pc
    • Give that user a password
    • for example : user : Kodi password: kodi

Go to the shares on your pc that need to be shared for kodi.

Rightclick the shares, select share and select the user you just made to have access.

Do that for all folders you want to share with Libreelec.

Go to Libreelec, and add the shares and give in the username and password of the created user on your pc.

This seems quite odd to me. Why would someone add an extra account to Windows 10 just to allow file sharing ? It makes no sense at all. I currently have a local user account on my Windows 10 desktop (with latest Fall Creator's Update). I do NOT have a MS account. My shared folders are shared with "Everyone". No password has ever been set-up or used. Adding an extra user may affect logging into Windows. Currently, my desktop goes directly to Windows without a login screen.

• This seems quite odd to me. Why would someone add an extra account to Windows 10 just to allow file sharing ? It makes no sense at all. I currently have a local user account on my Windows 10 desktop (with latest Fall Creator's Update). I do NOT have a MS account. My shared folders are shared with "Everyone". No password has ever been set-up or used. Adding an extra user may affect logging into Windows. Currently, my desktop goes directly to Windows without a login screen.

New policy in Windows requires shares to have password enabled. Thats why smd shares are different now in LE.

This is the new security setting. And making a user does not effect the startup or login to your pc.

You only need the created user for the shares.

Edited once, last by CypherZ (October 29, 2017 at 4:03 PM).

• This seems quite odd to me. Why would someone add an extra account to Windows 10 just to allow file sharing ? It makes no sense at all. I currently have a local user account on my Windows 10 desktop (with latest Fall Creator's Update). I do NOT have a MS account. My shared folders are shared with "Everyone". No password has ever been set-up or used. Adding an extra user may affect logging into Windows. Currently, my desktop goes directly to Windows without a login screen.

Not sure if it works on windows 10, but on windows 7 after creating a homegroup i could use the username HomeGroupUser (and the pass of the homegroup)

run netplwiz to see what the name of the accounts on your computer is.

it's also might be possible to use the Guest account if you give it a password (i'm not sure as i did not do it this way but it might be worth a try)

• new policy Windows require to have password enabled. But if you dont want not my problem . Try to help you.

I appreciate your help. I really do. I'm just mad about the new policy that was forced on us. There has to be a work-around for those of us that don't want to play MS's games. Windows Network sharing has been really buggy for years now. The average non-technical home user doesn't want pages of instructions to fix something that always worked before.

• Not sure if it works on windows 10, but on windows 7 after creating a homegroup i could use the username HomeGroupUser (and the pass of the homegroup)

run netplwiz to see what the name of the accounts on your computer is.

it's also might be possible to use the Guest account if you give it a password (i'm not sure as i did not do it this way but it might be worth a try)

Thanks but I don't use Homegroups. If using them would solve my sharing issue, I'm all ears. For the meantime, I'm sticking with LE 8.0.2 until I find a work-around.

• I appreciate your help. I really do. I'm just mad about the new policy that was forced on us. There has to be a work-around for those of us that don't want to play MS's games. Windows Network sharing has been really buggy for years now. The average non-technical home user doesn't want pages of instructions to fix something that always worked before.

I editted my previous post.

What i did, made a user + password assigned it to the shares and everything is working great.

5 mins of work maximum.