3D MVC

• Hi

Does anybody know if Amlogic devices support framepacked 3D (MVC)? I know Raspberry does, but in Wetek Plus 2 with LibrELEC 8.1.2 I get only crappy stretched output.:(

• Support for 3D features depends on the hardware decoding interface. Pi hardware is well supported. Everything else.. not as well. I'd expect Amlogic to be at the bottom of the list for great support and these days (with the 3D fad passing) I doubt that will improve.

• Looks like MVC support is close; see here. But, appears to half-rez output (even though full decode happens).

The hw is good for 3D MVC, but in sw side needs the following: [link]

• Working post process manager for 3D is needed. I remember on some older kernels this was borked; which is why Memphiz added support for SW fallback for 3D -> 2D.
    • Enable FP in amports
    • Set 3D mode to ON (signalled with AV Infoframe). This is why auto 3D switching doesn’t work properly under AML.
    • Set fp mode in sysfs (there’s a bug here, because AMLogic thinks the VIC mode is the same; so it needs to be reset twice).
    • Need proper hints detection so that Kodi sets codec to VFORMAT_H264MVC and pre-header feading works for amcodec.

Edit. Sorry, I see you got the same answer on kodi forum.