Posts by thosti

Hi

Does anybody know if Amlogic devices support framepacked 3D (MVC)? I know Raspberry does, but in Wetek Plus 2 with LibrELEC 8.1.2 I get only crappy stretched output.:(

Last question from an user and answer from 'gda' in that thread is:

This last question in Kodi forum was asked by me. But imo the given answer is typical shell-fetishist nonsense.
    Imo especially because you need it only once in your life, why then bore new users with SSL?

BTW: another nice noob feature you can see from RasPlex: they offer a SD-Card one-click installer based on Win32Diskimager. Just another stupid idea for OE ...

Hi Klojum,

thanks for you answer, but I'm experienced user, so I know how to deal with SSH (although myself preferring Leopolds RPi Config).
    But as I already wrote: I'm more concerned about the "always forgotten" beginners.

I know a lot of people just starting with LE/OE on RPi and they all struggle with putty and SSH. Yes, a lot is described in Wiki, but in my opinion something that has to explained on several pages, subpages, subsubpages and subsubsubpages is just bad user experience. Just imagine you're typical windows user with low experience:

From your link (Raspberry Pi - LibreELEC) a beginner has to:
    - click on bottom of page to go to Installing LibreELEC on the RPi - LibreELEC
    - find somewhere in the middle the reference to config.txt, click to go to Config.txt - LibreELEC
    - Find the tiny SSH link to go to Accessing LibreELEC - LibreELEC
    - Click on the putty link to download (hopefully) the correct putty
    - Go back and click on the link for windows users to go there SSH - Official Kodi Wiki
    - find the IP on your RPi and first try to connect with putty
    - realize that you forgot to enable SSH on LE, google how to....
    - next try with putty, just to realize that nowhere up to now was mentioned that you have to login with root.... google again...
    ... t.b.c.

Imo, at least for this most used setting LibreELEC should implement a more simple way.

A heart for noobs.

Hi,
    especially for beginners it would be nice to have some basic configuration of most important RPi config.txt settings directly in LibreELEC settings
    (for example codec license keys). For beginners it would be more comfortable instead of enabling SSH, then mount/unlock/edit config.txt.
    Or another idea: let user place a customized config.txt in userdata folder and always copy this automatically to system partition during shut down of a reboot.

Hi!
    I just switched to LE 7.90.002 on RPi3 and my frame packed 3D movies (MVC MKV) are not recognized anymore.
    All movie filenames are "Movietitle 3D.mvc.mkv", which worked perfectly in Milhouse's OpenELEC RPi Testbuilds for the past half year. Is there something wrong with my configuriation, or is this "mvc" tag recognition not implemented yet?

BTW: I sometimes really have trouble to understand if/why/when features from Milhoulse builds come to official builds, maybe somebody can explain to me.

Hi Devs,
    when pairing a Logitech K810 Bluetooth Keyboard with RPi3 / LE 7.90.002 the GUI asks to enter a pin, but pairing fails if you do not press "Enter" immediately after the pin. I do not know if it's necessary for each bluetooth device, but imo it should be mentioned somewhere in the GUI.

Hi

Is it possible to use a bluetooth keyboard just with the bluetooth module of the Rasberry Pi 3?

Yes, I'm using RPi3 internal Bluetooth on OE7 and LE8 (Milhouse) with a Logitech K810.
    When you establish connection you may have to press the RETURN key after you've entered the six digits pin (in my case, connection always failed when I did not press the ENTER key on keyboard).