How to start Libreelec without kodi ? only cli

• Hello everyone. I would like to know if there is a way to start libreelec without kodi gui only cli. I dont want to spend resources on kodi .. as kodi eats more then half of the ram.

• Hi escalade and thanks for the reply . I want to use it as vpn client and maybe run some web server on the box that's why i don't need kodi ( i won't use it as media player) . If i put sleep loop how could i use it at all ? i wont be able to ssh or do whatever ?

• Hi 2re. Thanks for the repy. Here is the output after issuing "systemctl stop kodi" (the command didn't helped much ) :

Code
    LibreELEC:~/install # free -m
    total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:           343        177        166          0         10        101
    -/+ buffers/cache:         64        278
    Swap:          255          0        255

and here you can find my hw that's why i suppose that libreelec reserves more then half of the ram at boot time. I have even tried to disable starting of kodi with systemctl disable kodi and rest of the kodi services but after reboot they have started again.

• You can do that by masking the kodi systemd service, plus maybe some others you don't need/want (eventlircd etc)

Code
    systemctl mask kodi

Only drawback is that then you have to care about addon updates / installation yourself.

Search the forum, we've discussed that before.

so long,

Hias

• verb

The autostart.sh file is the last thing that's run before Kodi starts, so the system is otherwise fully booted. So creating a sleep loop there will prevent Kodi from starting.

I'm still confused as to what you are going to do next. You realize that LibreELEC is not a standard Linux distribution with a package manager, right? There's no webserver shipped with LibreELEC. There is OpenVPN so you can set up your box as a VPN client, but then what?