"solved" OSCam Problems

• Thx. I just transfered three folders (bouquets , channels, input) from tvh4 to 4.2 , configured tvh 4.2 in webif . But some channels does not work and this same problem occur. For now I back to 4.0 because all my favourite channels work

Edited once, last by zbigzbig20 (December 4, 2016 at 3:05 AM).

• Tested version 11314 of oscam with emu for x86-64 - see attached.
    To install i use an old service oscam zip file (find it with google) where i replace oscam bin with 11314 release - see attached.

To make working:
    - uninstall previous oscam
    - install from zip and disable autoupdate in config
    - add newcamd section in oscam.server - by edit the oscam file or web (ip:8888)
    - add user in oscam.user
    - add softcam.key in config location of files
    - in TVH in section CA add information for newcamd
    - restart and should work

I use this on CVH's image from here: Index of /Test/

• I like to include it in default, but i have no way to check if it works correctly (the whole build system was changed in this fork). Is it possible for you to test some builds later (next week ish) ?

Can you do a version for the Wetek Play 2 ?

Cheers

• Raspberry p2
    In last beta 7.95.3 libreelec oscam with vdr, still not descramble channels. Copied oscam and vdr from openelec 6x and its working. Any better solution for newer versions?

• In last beta 7.95.3 libreelec oscam with vdr, still not descramble channels.

I can not reproduce this, I never saw any logs so I can't do anything. VDR + Plugins is a big house of cards at an earthquake (normally you use a whole OS for just VDR). It is very easy to mess up due the nature of VDR outsourcing core functions to plugins that are mainly not developed anymore. As Tvheadend has superseded VDR last year there is not too much enthusiasm from my side to dig at this graveyard. Don't get me wrong, I still happy to fix stuff if someone can point me to the problem.

• I tried this on the KII Pro firmware for LibreElec by afl1 and it's not working for me. I cannot get access through the browser suggesting it's not finding the config files. Where are they kept on the CVH image ?

• you have to install the OSCam addon via the addon repository, but I have no idea if afl1 provide these addons at all (you need a version compiled for your device)

Yes, addons are there and I have latest v11350 installed and working. When I replace the oscam binary with the one above (post #78) I do not get the web interface suggesting it may be looking for the config files in a different directory to where the standard version keeps them. Or some other reason I haven't worked out yet.

Edited once, last by Bitman (February 13, 2017 at 1:35 PM).

• you can't replace the binary, its like trying to play a Playstation 4 game at the Xbox One, same game but works only at the specific HW.

Sorry I thought this was a general thread on oscam. I've no idea of what box this discussion supports. I'm looking for the arm-cortex version (with emu)...apologies.
    [hr]

You need an oscam compiled for S905 (aarch64) otherwise will not work.

LE: Replace oscam bin with the one attached.
    Report if works.

Nope, it does not work on S905, but thanks for posting.

Edited once, last by Bitman (February 14, 2017 at 2:13 AM).

• I can not reproduce this, I never saw any logs so I can't do anything. VDR + Plugins is a big house of cards at an earthquake (normally you use a whole OS for just VDR). It is very easy to mess up due the nature of VDR outsourcing core functions to plugins that are mainly not developed anymore. As Tvheadend has superseded VDR last year there is not too much enthusiasm from my side to dig at this graveyard. Don't get me wrong, I still happy to fix stuff if someone can point me to the problem.

Vdr doesnt look death vdr.git - VDR I feel vdr stable, light and fast. Every change of libreelec just copied few files and its working. It takes few minutes. I hate tvheadend for very heavy webinterface. Adding channels only adds more gray hair. Maybe tvheadend is changed, because i leave it a long time ago. To stay on topic. Where i can find interesting debug logs oscam, vdr?