Tanix TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905W CPU - Libreelec

• As Tim_Taylor says, you just need to read. I suppose I am just a fool for posting this yet again.

Download the img.gz file

Install rufus, from the drop down, select dd & burn img.gz

then copy the correct device tree based on the RAM & LAN to the root of the usb or sd card, renaming it to dtb.img overwrite old one if neccessary.

insert usb/sd, while you plug in power lead, hold in the reset button, after a few seconds, when you see the Libreelec logo, release the reset button.

it should then boot into libreelc,

if it doesn't boot, remove usb & copy a different device tree, again rename to dtb.img

there is no need to recreate the image

• Hello friends.

Is there a way, to use libreelec settings addon with old confluence skin? And one more thing, with confluence in shutdown menu is missing 'reboot to internal' (this option reboots in installed stock android)

LE 8.3.2.1

Thanks!

• Hello,

does the process work, for the new image 8.90.1?

The DTB is the same?

The result afterwards, is much better than with the dual version of tanix, in performance and speed?

I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks and kind regards.

Edited once, last by joseanvelasco (April 23, 2018 at 8:15 AM).

• Can someone please help me.

I've got the tx-3 mini-A box and i want to use / install Libreelec on it.

I tried alot of .img files and tree info but my device is still hanging on the boot screen.

What are the correct files and steps i must do. And wich is the correct software i must use.

On my computer i run Windows 10 PRO X64

• Hello all,

sorry for bothering.

I am user of TX3 Pro with spec below :

CPU: Amlogic S905X
    GPU: Mali-450
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
    RAM: 1G RAM
    ROM: 8G ROM

Can i use TX3 Mini Dual Boot OS (Android & LibreELEC) for my device?

• Hello all,

sorry for bothering.

I am user of TX3 Pro with spec below :

CPU: Amlogic S905X
    GPU: Mali-450
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
    RAM: 1G RAM
    ROM: 8G ROM

Can i use TX3 Mini Dual Boot OS (Android & LibreELEC) for my device?

Yes, you install Libreelec to microsd or usb & leave Android on internal. (this is recommended)

you can then either remove the micrsd or usb & it will boot to android, or depending on the skin, there will be boot to internal in the kodi menu

• Hi guys,

Since I installed the dual boot update on Tx3 Mini, my TV screen (via tvheadend) is very horrible.

I tried with android (Kodi) and LibreElec.

To see if another install with the 2 last libreElec img, result is the same.

A lot of green and red trams on the screen.

Why it was not the case with older version (tanix single Android boot)?

Do you think the video driver changed?

Thanks a lot.

Mat.

• Hello there.

I've got a TX3 Mini and trying to run LibreELEC / CoreELEC is really driving me crazy.

So I burn the .img from a release, copy a device tree to the root of the device, and change the *.dtb name to dtb.img, put the USB drive in a USB port, press and hold the reset button and then I plug the power cable to the TX3 Mini.

My USB drive has a led that blinks when being read/written to. It blinks briefly for three times, as trying to read something, but doesn't boot to LibreELEC. Tried many different .dtb files, but no luck.

I thought my box might not boot from USB, so I tried running Armbian for Amlogic, and running the aml_autoscript.zip "update.zip" I managed to boot to Armbian, run the initial configuration, but when it rebooted it went back to Android, with no more aml_autoscript.zip available to run.

Do you have any advices on what might be going on? Any chances that the chipset on my unit is different than S905W? How do I check it? I managed to install the LibreELEC x Android dual boot image, but the LibreELEC was too unstable to me: didn't manage to work with my MySQL database properly, the playback of 1080p content was not that smooth (my Raspberry Pi One does a better job), and so on.

Nevermind, it seems I was indeed using the wrong dtb, even though I tried many. The one that did the trick was gxl_p212_1g_tx3mini.dtb, from https://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/device_trees/s905x/ . Interestingly, even though it has 2GB (actually, I bought a 2 GB device and received a 1 GB one, that's what was wrong), the gxl_p212_2g_tx3mini.dtb device tree didn't seem to work.

Edited 2 times, last by Legend (July 22, 2018 at 4:29 PM).