Posts by tolostoi

It is not the same issue. With wwrxtasy build, (test 1 I think) I use external subs, they didn't crash kodi. I'm using it in a nfs and smb folders. Only when they archived is crashing.

Edit: I just install wwrxtasy build 8.2.5 for 905W, and yes, the external .srt files make kodi crashing, when play the video from smb folder. From nfs folder works fine. But the rar archived files (with the same name as a video file) crashed kodi while browsing in folder, it is before playing the video. Same crashing happened, while browsing in nfs, or even local folder with rar subtittles in folder.

Indeed, moving external subtitles from smb share to an SD card folder works.

I also found that it can work if you mount the smb shares with ssh in Libreelec (see Mounting network shares) and not Kodi (thanks to @frequenzy and vinbot3000 )

Conclusion: if you experience crash with external subtitles try to mount your smb shares with ssh.

The problem exist on my internal storage (partition on sd card that LE resized on install), but not with .srt subs (even on smb shares havent problem with .srt) only with archived subtitles .rar. Anyway, I came back on 8.2.3.1from kszaq

On TX3 mini, update failed. With .nocompat in update folder, the update succeed, but hang on logo, not booting. In update folder was .img and img.dtb from s905w folder clocked one. Fresh install failed. Then replace dtb with dtb from previous install 8.3.2.1 quazac build, and now booting well.

Yes, I found this, but I'm not sure if it works, because when I'm making configuration changes from gui(LE config menu) notings changes in this samba.config. Whatever, the problem is not samba, but KODI I think, because with smbclient succeed to log in to router.

So, I was wrong to try edit samba.conf because this is the samba server. Is there a way to try different options to samba client, mount.cifs or ... don't know what kodi use to mount shares.

Thanks!

Hi

you can edit ~/.config/samba.conf (there's a sample file) :)

Yes, I found this, but I'm not sure if it works, because when I'm making configuration changes from gui(LE config menu) notings changes in this samba.config. Whatever, the problem is not samba, but KODI I think, because with smbclient succeed to log in to router.

I have a problem with samba client. Can't authenticate to my samba server, runing in a router with padavan firmware padavan / rt-n56u — Bitbucket

When I try to add share from router, the answers is wrong password (I use the correct password, verifyed from another client - android phone) In the past, has a same problem with ubuntu, but adding a few rows in smb.conf solved the problem.

Code
    client use spnego = no

How to edit smb.conf, the proper way?

LE 8.3.2.1

Thanks!

Edit: The problem exist with the core elec too. With Kodi on android is OK.