S905x support, what is needed?

• A correct way for 7.0.2.007 and S905X is to boot without device tree. If your WiFi doesn't work, connect via Ethernet and post logs (very important: collect them right after a fresh boot!). Maybe the WiFi chip is not supported yet. In most cases it's quite easy to add a new chip.

Here is the log file from a fresh install first boot.

ALSO, I am using Pulsar's build

Thanks!
    -Nathan

• I'm using this from SD daily now with no running issues on a cheap as chips QCOQCE TX3 Box

Only trouble I have is that libreelec is not recognising the built in IR receiver? I can use the IR remote to turn on the device, but once it is running it does not seem to pick up any IR signals. Cheap USB 2.4 air mouse works fine though!

Great work guys

Edited once, last by chewitt (September 15, 2016 at 4:03 AM).

• I'm using this from SD daily now with no running issues on a cheap as chips QCOQCE TX3 Box

Only trouble I have is that libreelec is not recognising the built in IR receiver? I can use the IR remote to turn on the device, but once it is running it does not seem to pick up any IR signals. Cheap USB 2.4 air mouse works fine though!

Great work guys

Maybe this will help, Try placing this remote.conf in your /configfiles folder.

• A correct way for 7.0.2.007 and S905X is to boot without device tree. If your WiFi doesn't work, connect via Ethernet and post logs (very important: collect them right after a fresh boot!). Maybe the WiFi chip is not supported yet. In most cases it's quite easy to add a new chip.

Hope this helps
    I downloaded what I was told is the ota for this device. Below is the firmware and extracted dtb.img

BTW I tried it and WiFi, Bluetooth, & boot from SD didn't work

Firmware: 553mb
    Dropbox - p212-ota-20160726.zip

dtb.img:
    Dropbox - MiniMX3II

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 15, 2016 at 5:56 AM).

• Nathan909 I have looked at firmware image for your box and it looks like there's a WiFi chip that has no driver available (probably Aigale AW-CM273SM). You will need to wait for Amlogic/Beelink to share the driver so that I can include it in my builds.

• Nathan909 I have looked at firmware image for your box and it looks like there's a WiFi chip that has no driver available (probably Aigale AW-CM273SM). You will need to wait for Amlogic/Beelink to share the driver so that I can include it in my builds.

When I did a mac address lookup it came back with 74:C6:3B = AzureWave Technology Inc. I emailed Beelink, AMlogic and AzureWave Technology Inc., but we'll see what happens. :dodgy:

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 15, 2016 at 5:39 PM).

Probably will not help much ...

These modules were extracted from android firmware (Netxeon / MINI MXIII-II / MHC19J.20160726.100926 test-keys ).

The Bellink GT1 certainly uses that device - so good possibility that the S905x MXIII II does also? (I'm waiting for one to show up, will confirm, or perhaps Nathan909 can check?

Will this link help for contact information?

AW-CM273SM_企業新聞_114ic電子網

Per the notes

AW-CM273SM module adopts QCA9377 single chip solution. The module design is based on the QCA9377 solution.

Also found this - support for QCA9377 SDIO (ath10k or ath6kl)

The part in question is labeled with AW-CM273SM (could be an AzureWave
    module based on the name - but that is pure speculation).
    According to some google hits it uses a QCA9377 chip (which would
    match with the wifi-fw tarball from Amlogic which recently gained a
    "qcom9377" folder).

which suggests there is an Amlogic Tarball available for the QCA9377?

Does any of that help?

edit : The last one in this list contains the 9377 - Index of /download/ARM/wifi

Edited once, last by DEcosse (September 15, 2016 at 8:20 PM).

• Only driver source code will help. Firmware is already available and it can also be easily extracted from Android ROM. I will reach out to Beelink, they were quite helpful in the past regarding their S805 devices.

• Just tried the build by garyang and it works flawlessly, just the remote.conf is missing which is simple enough to fix.

Everything seems to work from what I have tried, even installing onto the NAND seems to work great and so much faster than with the Android bloat, the only problem I noticed was if you stress the box too much it seems to freeze and you have to pull the power.

• If anyone wants to try, you can test my latest dev build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

I identified an issue in my changes that lead to "Could not mount" even on my S905 box, now corrected. :P

Keep in mind that it contains some untested changes that I play with, related to powering the box. I would be grateful for information whether it boots OK on S905X.

It seems that now boot on Tanix TX5 Pro (Amlogic S905X 2GB RAM 16GB eMMC) is working normally.
    Tested 5 consecutive boot without problems.
    It is visible that after uboot splash (Amlogic S905X logo) LibreELEC splash waits a little bit more to display, also console output is working now.
    During the first boot RESIZING /STORAGE partition process is visible and also during boot build version is visible.
    Only one new problem on my device is that power button on remote did not shutdown system completely (probably it is now going to Suspend), power led on device is blue (power on status) and device must be disconnected from power adapter (if I select [Power off system] or [Reboot] from KODI menu it works normally)

Edited once, last by pm_mickey (September 16, 2016 at 10:23 AM).