Posts by awiouy

Thank you for the feedback, riverside70.

Indeed, neither LE, nor spotify-connect-web store the state of ALSA devices. The volume is therefore sometimes maxed out when a device is started.

I am testing workarounds to the issue.

Hello Marciano,

I have no Odroid C2 to work on, and Docker is not yet available in LibreELEC.

However, if someone brings Docker to Odroid C2, and creates an image for Mono, then I will adapt the addon to use it.

As for native Mono in aarch64, my bug tickets are still pending.

You just need to enable "Show hidden files and directories" from Kodi "Setttings\Appearance\File Lists".
    Make sure "Settings Level" is at least "Standard".
    Then you can point to "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/guide.xml" in TV Guide Fullscreen.

Thank you for sharing!

WGP should run on any OS providing the required version of Mono.

The LE addon however requires LE features (system.d and system.d automatic service activation).

Addons can access all the data, users cannot access special://userdata from the Kodi user interface.

If a user has an SMB problem, then he should open a specific thread in the forum, and provide a log. I this specific instance, I think he has already done, and it is addressed.

There should be no problem copying the files, as long as WGP produces guide_wgp.xml, which is expected by the next processing step.

The service uses the siteini.pack in its home folder. If the date of siteini.pack in the home folder is earlier than that provided with the addon, the service updates siteini.pack in the home folder.

I hope to have answered all of your qurstions.

Hello Sanjay,

Thank you for the positive feedback!

The official Emby addon needs an Emby server as a back end.
    The LibreELEC Emby addon runs an Emby server on LibreELEC.
    The Emby server is a .NET program that needs Mono to run on Linux.

I have updated my addon a bit:
    - the erroneous bit rate setting should be solved;
    - the wizard should now handle device:CARD=card,DEV=n PCMs

The addon is said to work on S805, Wetek Play and Wetek Core, but I do not own such boxes.
    Would anyone here be so kind to verify this for me?

As for the sound quality, I would not know where the problem comes from.
    I add a link to alsamixer built for LE8 to inspect/modify your card's settings.
    I have submitted a pull request to add alsamixer to the multimedia-tools addon.

Spotify Connect Web 101 for LE7
    Spotify Connect Web 101 for LE8
    alsamixer for LE8
    [hr]

I installed spotify connect before on the musicbox OS, the sound was ok. But now on Libreelec I have problems with the sound, and tried several settings in the addon. I use my pi over an AV Receiver with hdmi.

Hello riverside70,

To help you I would need you to provide me with the following information:
    - what version of LibreELEC you are using
    - what version of the addon you are using
    - what settings you have tried
    - what your problems with the sound are? If you think it is overmodulated, have you tried to reduce the volume with your Spotify app?
    - a log, to assess the problems you have with the sound, as well as those caused by the VPN

If none of the below work, I am at my wits' end

hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
    hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=1
    hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=2
    default:CARD=PCH
    sysdefault:CARD=PCH
    front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

Anyone got moonlight addon x64 working with alsa? If so how? Ive tried hw:0,3 which is the correct alsa soundcard and it doesnt work. Picture, and controller work but zero sound. sysdefault do nothing as does changing the soundcard to hw:0,0 like suggest by the addon creator.

I do not know moonlight, but I might help with ALSA.

To know what PCMs are active, use the command cat /proc/asound/pcm.
    If that file does not exist or is empty, no PCM is active.
    If that file exists, it contains a list of available PCMs, eg

Code
    00-00: bcm2835 ALSA : bcm2835 ALSA : playback 8
    00-01: bcm2835 ALSA : bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI : playback 1

In the example above, you could try using hw:0,0 or hw:0,1.

It might also be possible to use the names provided by aplay -L, eg

Code
    null
        Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    default:CARD=ALSA
        bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
        Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
        bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
        Default Audio Device

In the example above, default:CARD=ALSA or sysdefault:CARD=ALSA.

If they work, prefer names to addresses.

I would personally prefer to be able to set specific time that the guide is updated and for my usage case run routine once a day. Additionally don't particularly want job to run everytime I re-boot the device, when busy doing other boot up activities..(although I have not noticed any issues )

Settings option "config file" that allowed me to specify time/frequency per week. (i.e. 04:00 everyday of the week) would be great.

If I would know how to this implement this feature on LE, I gladly would.
    Moreover, I gather from your reply the addon works for you, even without this feature.
    I therefore keep this feature on my to-do list, but with a very low priority ;)

Sounds great in sense before.sh and after.sh should cover multitude of user needs, any more thought on allowing external user control of frequency of EPG update requests if I remember correctly routine currently automatially runs every six hours.
    (once at a re-boot, then every six hours after re-boot)

Hello MikeKL,

If you could change the frequency, to what value would you set it?

Thank you for the feedback!

As for the sound quality, it may be due to the fact that the cards are not configured properly. Addinhg a mixer interface to the addon is however not within the scope I had given to the addon, and well beyond my league. I nevertheless consider bundling alsamixer with the addon.

As for the error, it looks like the listed PCMs do not have a mixer. I will review my code.

Hello Sanjay

The Emby addon only runs Emby on LibreELEC, it does not configure Kodi to access Emby.
    You can access/configure Emby with your browser, usually at libreelec.local:8096.
    You must configure Kodi to access Emby, which may involve an additional addon.