Posts by awiouy

Hello milan,

I am not sure to understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to copy guide.xml to your NAS?

Are you aware that the guide is already available at you LibreELEC device via SMB (smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/guide.xml)?

If you really need to copy the guide to your NAS, you can do that through the custom processing: for pre-processing, create before.sh shell script in the addon home folder (smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/before.sh); for post-processing, create after.sh shell script in the addon home folder (smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/after.sh).

Simply put your mount and copy commands in the shell scripts as appropriate

I hope this has helped you

Hello Loggio,

As for sound, the addon and Kodi are independent.
    You can use HDMI for Kodi, and the headphone jack (or another sound card) for the addon. It is what I do.

The onboard sound interface routes playback to either the jack or HDMI, but not to both.

Auto detection can be summarized like this: if, when the RPi boots, the display claims to have speakers, sound is output via HDMI by default; if not, it is output via the headphone jack. Auto detection is not always acurrate.

Upon a reboot of my rpi2 to install milhouse nightly build of LibreELEC service.webgrabplus was restarted and back into every six hour EPG update + my cron job 03:00. (Assume because it Stops but does not fully Disable service, when disabling the WebGrab+Plus service addon?)

So for now in summary :-

1. Disabled WebGrab+Plus service via the Kodi Ui (Fully disables addon, but currently believe does not fully disable service?)
    2. Disabled service via the command line (systemctl stop service.webgrabplus, then systemctl disable service.webgrabplus)
    3. Utilising a cron job to run webgrabplus.start automatically and only once a day at 03:00

systemctl disable, not systemctl stop ;)

I see nothing wrong in the log you provide. Mixer is PCM, playback route is set to HDMi.

Volume is set to 60%, which might be quite low (volume does not increase linearly). Have you tried setting it at 100%, or to increase it via your Spotify app?

Also, I do not see any activity after the last message, ie login, playback, volume, etc

To have a better idea of what is going on:
    1. ssh to LE and launch the following commands
    2. systemctl stop service.spotify-connect-web
    3. spotify-connect-web.start
    4. connect your app to the service
    4. play some tracks and/or set volume from your app

You should see some activity on your screen (or not)

I hope thus will help us to find out what is going on.

I think it would be nice to have more control over the service schedule if possible.

I still live in the crontab world but it looks like the system.d timers unit gives all the scheduling permuations that cron does.
    systemd/Timers - ArchWiki

A couple of day/hour/minute values in a settings.xml file, an update to service.webgrabplus.service and a service restart should do it.

Feel free to submit a PR ;)

What about removing the system.d service altogether, and using this in default.py, instead?

This would fit in Kodi/LE more naturally than cron or a system.d timer.

OK, for now as a temporary measure, I will go with disabling the addon from within kodi (Estuary Skin) via :-

Add-on browser -> My add-ons -> Services -> WebGrab+Plus (context menu -> Information) then Disable.

Then I will use the cron job for next few days at 03:00 to understand reliabilty of this method

Thanks for your support

You're on your own, now ;)

Hi awiouy, thanks for your work on this addon.

If I understand correctly, it's not possible at the moment to run the addon on other devices than the RPi. Myself, I have a machine running the generic x86_64 LibreELEC build. I did see Debian/Ubuntu mentioned on GitHub - Fornoth/spotify-connect-web, so does that mean that is possible to compile spotify-connect-web and the addon for the x86_64 build? If you (or anyone) know how to build the addon for my machine, I'd love to learn how. Thanks!

Hello marcvangend!

The spotify-connect-web project is based on a binary library built for arm (spotify_embedded_shared.so).

The source of this library is not available, and it is therefore not possible to compile it for other architectures.

If it had been, I would have.

Ubuntu/Debian mentioned at your link refer to Ubuntu/Debian for arm.

If you find a similar library for x86_64, let me know.

Hello soeren!

Are you using the addon from the repository (it should have been updated there today)?

Have you used the wizard to configure the settings (click the wizard button)?

According to the information you provide, playback device should be default:CARD=ALSA and the mixer PCM (case sensitive!)

Finally, you can set initial volume (default 80%) with the latest addon settings. You can increase the volume with your Spotify app.

To see what the service is up to, use command:
    journalctl -u service.spotify-connect-web

Hope this helps

You have several options to disable the system.d service
    1. disable the service via the Kodi Ui
    2. disable the service via the command line (systemctl stop service.webgrabplus, then systemctl disable service.webgrabplus)
    3. Uninstall the addon, and re-install the files from git (awiouy/webgrabplus)
    4. Uninstall the addon, re-install the piecemeal manually
    5. Fix the addon, eg to change it from a system.d/shell service to a Kodi/python service.

Option 5 would allow configuration/feedback via the Kodi UI, and to upgrade the addon from an LE specific addon to a more generic Kodi addon.

I never used cron

The PR has been pushed. The latest release of the addon provides WebGrab+Plus 56.29 pre, siteini.pack 20160807 and pre/post-processing.

To customise pre-processing, eg to update siteini.pack before WebGrab+Plus is called, simply create a before.sh shell script in the addon home folder.

To customise post-processing, eg to publish the guides to desired locations after WebGrab+Plus is called, simply create an after.sh shell script in the addon home folder.

Enjoy!

Thanks indeed :) I don't suppose you or anyone knows of a way to point a different libreelec install at that location? I have two libreelec installs that I would like to point at the same guide.xml. Workaround currently is to install this addon on both installs and generate their own guide xml but it's not ideal.

A solution for you specific configuration is to create a Kodi network source on one of the LE to point at the second one (add a source, network location, smb://.../userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/), and access guide.xml via this source.