Posts by awiouy

So I did a quick remote test, and it looks like it can access the main machine file over smb - so my TV Guide addon (whiever I use) can access the remote instance of the xml guide. So I should be good.

Great to hear!
    Thank you for the feedback!
    I will see to add customized pre/post processing to the service

Perhaps basic option would be if primeaval configurator channels when writing to its own WebGrab++.config.xml channels are somehow passed as absloute list of channels (only the <channel /channel> strings) and included in LibreELEC WebGrab++.config.xml with no other changes being applied to LibreELEC WebGrab++.config.xml?

However I like idea that primeaval could provide an easy way in kodi for all the key LibreELEC WebGrab++.config.xml options to be modified using his WebGrab+Plus configurator (i.e. number of days <timespan> of EPG to extract) with ref WebGrab++.config.xml | WebGrab+Plus

That would be cool, indeed!
    As long as the output files remains where the processing expects them (or that the processing is able to know where to find them) ;)

I don't know but I think the sound is a bit overmodulated? Also I have a problem when I start/stop my vpn, spotify connect breaks and doesn't come back up.

Hello riverside70,

Thank you for your feedback
    The quality of the sound depends on your hardware and on the software (spotify-connect-web).
    As for the problem caused by the VPN, a log would help (make sure to remove your credentials before you share it).

WebGrab+Plus does support smb shares on Windows, there must be someway to centralize this guide.xml. I have 3 boxes that could use this. Seems sill to run 3 separate instances.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Hello Iain,

The principle of the addon is that the guides (guide.xml and mediaportal.xml) are generated periodically on LibreELEC.
    Changing the destination of the guides would affect automatic post processing (xmltv_time_correct and WG2MP).

The idea was that the user would only have to add a list of configuration channels.

The produced guides are currently accessible by from LibreELEC via smb (see the address in the first post).
    Can't your three boxes access the guides via smb?

Because access to the addon's home folder is restricted (addons can not read other addon's home folders), addons running on LibreELEC must also use smb to access the guides.

Defining a share to access local files is overkill (but nevertheless possible).
    This is why I have submitted a pull request to also copy the guides to /storage/downloads/webgrabplus, where they would be accessible via the filesystem and via smb (the later without additional configuration).

Alternatively and/or additionnally, I could update the addon to have the postprocessing call a customizable bash shell, with which you could postprocess the guides as you wish (eg curl, cp, ftp, mv, rsync, tar, wget, zip).

What do you say?
    [hr]

Hi

I've released a complimentary Kodi addon to help make configuring the channels easier.

WebGrab+Plus Configurator
    WebGrab+Plus Configurator

If there is anything I can do to make the 2 addons play nice together, please let me know.

Hello primaeval

Thank you for your offer.
    In return, if there is anythng I can do to help you out on LibreELEC (WebGrab+Plus and Mono addons), please let me know.

Release 101 Preview

Summary
    This release greatly simplifies correct ALSA configuration: select the configuration wizard and let it guide you.
    This release moreover:
    - uses mixers corresponding to the selected card
    - supports card index changes (eg activation sequence) provided names are used (eg via the wizard)

Provisional changelog
    - Add instructions to the addon settings
    - Add a configuration wizard to assist with ALSA configuration
    - Use the mixer card index setting
    - Activate the onboard audio if ALSA is inactive
    - Activate the onboard audio interface if it selected but inactive
    - Only set the playback route if the onboard audio interface is active and selected
    - Redefine default settings

Files
    LE7
    LE8

Thank you for testing it.

Thanks for the reply - I ended up building it on ubuntu and copying the binary + libs over

I needed to add the path to the systemd service file to make it work:

Code
    Environment=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.shairport-sync/lib

Really hacky but works until I figure out the build process.

LE will automatically add $ADDON_DIR/bin to PATH and $ADDON_DIR/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH when the addon is installed ;)

How to do define a network location for the guide output? The following did not work:

<filename>smb://192.168.0.4/Personal/Kodi/System Files/guide.xml</filename>

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hello!

As stated in the first post: do not edit file names in the configuration files, as this is likely to break service operation.
    To revert the changes you made, simply delete the edited files, and the service will recreate them the next time it runs.

To my knowledge, WebGrab+Plus, which underlies the addon, does not support smb shares.

You may access the guides (guide.xml and mediaportal.xml) on LibreELEC via smb or ssh at the addresses specified in the first post.

I hope this has helped you

I was just about to ask where I could set the output file location. Seems that I can't browse any deeper than /storage/, .kodi is not available on my Pi.

I could not find anywhere in the config xmls to set the location of the guide.xml after the post processing.

This issue is in the process of being solved. I created the addon, but I do not use wegrabplus, so I overlooked this important detail.

In the meantime, you can access the guides via smb, even from LibreELEC.

Back at home I have tried both values 'Line' and 'Speaker' as setting for "mixer", but afterwards the service didn't start, hence the device was not visible anymore. I am happy to provide error log dumps if you guide how to get. Thanks!

Cheers
    Chhnki

Hello Chunki,

I have been working on the addon, and while testing, I experienced the same problem as you.
    Namely, spotify-connect-web appears to be able to manage only the mixer of card0, which usually is the first activated.

spotify-connect-web is able to play on further cards, when the mixer is left blank, but not to set the volume.
    The issue likely lies with spotify-connect-web, and I will open an issue with them to ask about it.

In the mean time, you may try to solve your problem by disabling the onboard sound device, or by activating your USB sound device before the onboard ALSA.
    [hr]
    Well, the issue is known.
    I will test if --mixer_device_index works.
    If it does, expect an update of the addon, soon: my pull request already computes it.
    Cheers

Indeed, Speaker and Line have the pVolume capability. Maybe one of them will work ;)

Hello,

I intend to update webgrabplus to also copy the produced xml files within the /storage directory.

Do you have preferences for the destination, eg /storage/webgrabplus, /storage/download/webgrabplus?

Than you for your feedback

Hello Chunki!

According to the information you have provided, you have two active audio cards:
    card 0: the onboard ALSA audio device
    card 1: the USB sound device

The default settings (device hw:0,1 or default:CARD=ALSA, mixer empty or PCM) and playback route should work for the onboard ALSA.

Note that the settings, eg the playback route, are only activated when the settings are changed, with the OK button.
    Clicking on the OK button restarts the service with the new settings.

You should be able to output to the USB sound device by setting playback device hw:1,0 or default:CARD=Device.
    The USB sound device has however no mixer, and you will therefore not be able to set the volume.
    You may find a way to define a sofware volume control for your card, on the Internet, but this is out of the scope of the addon.

To determine the mixers for the USB sound device, use command amixer -c 1

I hope you will find a way to make the addon work at your convenience.

First, the playback route setting was only designed to work with the onboard ALSA audio interface.
    It is therefore unlikely that it will work with your USB soundcard.

Then, for the mixer, the amixer command will provide the names of the available mixers, if any.
    Try to find the most pertinent, and enter its name in the mixer setting (eg, for my hifiberry-dacplus, the appropriate mixer is called Digital).
    If you need more help about this, please provide the output of amixer.

Last, would you please be so kind to provide the output of aplay -L, and the name of the mixer, if you find it.
    I could use this information to document known settings in the first post, and maybe code them in the addon.

Hi,
    sorry, maybe stupid question, but in which repository and in which subcategory can I find the addon? I am running LE 7.0.2 on RbPi 2 and I have looked under "LibreELEC Add-Ons" in all subcategories, but was not able to find it. Do I need to update something before I can see the addon?

BTW, I was looking for an addon like this since long time, hence many thanks for your work

Cheers
    Chunki

Hello chunki!

The addon should be in the LibreELEC Add-ons repository, in section Services.
    You might have to update the repository.

Please report if you still can not find it.