Posts by awiouy

I have the same error message but it doesn't seem to impact in the right behaviour of transmission.
    Check if after reboot the computer transmission is auto-started

I had a quick look at the system.d error message (The unit files have no [Install] section), and it is likely a system.d bug, caused by passing an absolute pathname (rather than a service name) to systemctl enable, as mentioned here.

This bug is however harmless, since the service is enabled in spite of the message.

Hi Timo,

An updated version (x.100.2) of chromium with unclutter is in the pipeline, an should be available soon.

By default, unclutter is disabled. To enable it, check the HIDE_CURSOR setting of the chromium addon.

Thank you for pointing us out unclutter.

Enjoy!

I have seen similar messages as above, when enabling services manually and with addons. The services are nevertheless enabled/started. This issue therefore appears harmless.
    I will have a closer look at it when I have the time.

The Hifiberry support team looked at my log file and they came back with the message:

The overlay file is missing. You need to inform the developers that they need to fix this. Looks like the developers didn't really test the Raspberry Pi release well enough. I would recommend to stick with OpenElec until Librelec is really stable.

So hopefully the developers will fix this issue as soon as possible.

Strange,
    When I add "dtoverlay hifiberry-dacplus" in /flash/config.txt of my LibreElec 7.0.1, lsmod yields:

Code
    snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c     2051  0
    snd_soc_pcm512x        16309  1 snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
    snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus     3652  0
    snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s     5868  0
    snd_soc_core          102747  3 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s,snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
    snd_pcm_dmaengine       2879  1 snd_soc_core
    snd_pcm                66625  4 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine,snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
    snd_timer              17221  1 snd_pcm
    snd                    40668  3 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcm

What is your version of LibreElec? If it is 7.0.1, please provide your config.txt and a log; otherwise upgrade.

This is added within config.txt:
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplusdtdebug=1amixer -c 0 set Digital 80%

Hello,
    Shouldn't that rather merely be:
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

According to my system, the hifiberry-dacplus dtoverlay may only take one parameter:

Where is the remainder (dtdebug=1amixer -c 0 set Digital 80%) documented?
    Also, spaces seem to be missing, eg
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus dtdebug=1 amixer -c 0 set Digital 80%

Hello,

On LE 7.0.0 on RPi2, I am trying to use the dtoverlay command to dynamically enable the onboard ALSA audio interface, but it fails:

Code
    dtoverlay dtparam audio=on
    sh: dtc: not found
    * Failed to read active DTB

Am I doing something wrong, or is there something missing, e.g., dtc?

Incidentally, dtc is not in LE target, but is in LE build (e.g., in build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/linux-4.6-rc7/scripts/dtc/dtc). What package puts it there? Could this package be modfified to copy dtc to target?

Thank you in advance for any help

Sorry , I was added to ExecStop of transmission.service . Should be " docker stop -f transmission" ( -f is used with rm to remove containers that are running, also I have seen with stop, but not if it can be used ). Like you, unfortunately too new to docker to propose a solution.
    At the moment only add in autostart.sh line "docker rm $(docker ps -q -f status=exited)" to remove the containers in the excited state at startup. But it is not ideal...

docker rm %p and docker kill %p fix the issues, see e.g. here.
    I will PR the repository accordingly, if noone beats me at it ;)

Exactly , the problem occurs when the system is shut down is not the usual ( for example, by switching off the power ) . Maybe if it indicated in transmission.service the value "--restart=on-failure:5" ?? (this).
    With respect to stop container , maybe you can add "-f " to force the closure?. (ExecStop=/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/docker stop -f %p).
    I can not find at home, I will try to return.

docker stop -f %p? Where is this documented?

docker kill %p could maybe avoid the 10s grace period of docker stop. But this seems so brutal.

If you use the systemd service I provide the container should always be removed when it exits

similar to

Code
    docker run --rm transmission

Hello lrusak!

Hm... Apparently, for some reason, this does not appear to work systematically. I will document/assess when it reoccurs on my system.
    Edit:
    I found out!
    According to this, docker run --rm is used to automatically clean up the container and remove the file system when the container exits.
    This does therefore not handle the case where docker/transmission ends abormally.
    The systemd service you provide may thus be improved to remove any existing container before a new container is started.

Incidentally, according to this, docker stop/kill is not appropriate to stop the transmission container, which is started with CMD ["/start.sh"].
    This shows in the docker log, e.g., when the service you propvide is restarted (Container ... failed to exit within 10 seconds of signal 15 - using the force).
    If this is indeed the case, the systemd service you provide may need to be corrected.
    I am unforttunately too new to docker to propose a solution.

@Irusak Hi , I'm using Transmission with docker and has happened to me that if the current is cut into my Rpi2 or if frozen ( and I must disconnect from current). To start it again , I can not connect to the WebUI Transmission . When you run "Docker ps -a" the Transmission is started but its status is " Exited " . The only solution I found to start again Tranmission run "Docker rm Transmission" . Thus remove the container was in a state " exited " and automatically begins again tranmission . This is normal? you can do something to avoid this problem ?. thank you very much. Greetings.

I have experienced the same, while working on the transmission addon.
    I did not have the time to document, either.

By the way, is preferable to remove or to restart the exited container?