Posts by kostaman

paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

http://ix.io/1gxy

dmesg | paste

http://ix.io/1gxz

Quick test with latest Test Build.

Only issue so far is SD 720 X 576 Mpeg2 Live TV opens 4:3 on screen not 16:9

Audio severely behind Video.

I then Whitelisted 720 x 576p 50Hz and refresh rate changed with picture 16:9 but callibration to screen was out and not a resolution i would use as it is a regression. Sound again lagged behind.

Note: I tried ALSA HDMI, SHP, SHARP HDMI on HDMI as well as well as Default (HDMI Analog)

but Audio lagging behind Video still present with SD Mpeg2 Playback.

All HD Channels are fine.

If you have the debug overlay visible please disable debugging in settings and add debugging to /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf after console=tty0 (console=tty0 debugging), this will enable debug logging and not cause unnecessary GPU usage (showing debug osd) that could otherwise interfere with video playback

Hope this is right. This is my .conf after i changed it.

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /rk3328-rock64.dtb
      APPEND boot=UUID=0107-4032 disk=UUID=2238f1bf-9f6e-4b15-a62c-7be281d803d5 quiet console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff130000 console=tty0 debugging

Please change your Audio device to use HDMI: SHP SHARP HDMI on HDMI and not the Default (HDMI Analog) device, this is something everybody should do and is the new default for new installs

I must have changed it when i took previous logs. Same behaviour with HDMI: SHP SHARP HDMI on HDMI.

It booted twice with no GUI Sounds.

I played a HD channel 50hz and i got a refresh rate change even though i have resolution 1920 x 1080p 50hz.

I got audio and when i stopped playback no refresh rate change but no GUI Sound.

Played same HD Channel no refresh rate change no Audio.

Basically no refresh rate change means no audio 99% of the time.

I'm going a little stir crazy :cry:

I tested again and took logs.

Sorry for the zip link this time. Something wrong with connection to log server.

I smb and link 

Audio Drops every 3 minutes still happening with my movie library files but this has always been the case with all images including Ray's old builds.

Fixed the Audio Drops from above post.

Now for the variables which i found after testing with Video Library files and TVHeadend Client SD and HD Channels.

When i first boot up my resolution boots to 1920 x 1080p no problem BUT when i choose a HD Channel there is a Refresh rate change from 50Hz to 50 Hz. Audio working , I stop that channel (No refresh Change) Then i choose another HD Channel (No refresh Change) No Audio Just Video.

This may or may not happen on first or second channel change but on Third change it will lose AUDIO. Sometimes it will happen on first change of HD to HD Channel. When this happens there is no Audio or GUI Sounds. Whilst playback with no audio occurs i use OSD to settings and change resolution to 60HZ and Audio comes ON. I change back to 50Hz and Audio continues. I stop Playback and GUI sounds is back.

http://ix.io/1fwt

http://ix.io/1fwu

Code
    LibreELEC (community): devel-20180703213752-ff9dcf5 (RK3328.arm)
    Librerock64:~ # paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

http://ix.io/1fWT
    Librerock64:~ # 
    Librerock64:~ # dmesg | paste
    http://ix.io/1fWU
    Librerock64:~ # 

SD Channels don't open with Audio or Video unless i press OK button 2 times and OSD comes up with Black Screen.

Player process info shows ff-mpe2video (HW)

Pixel format: drm_prime

Deinterlace method: None

Video Stream: 720 x 576 px, 0.00AR, 25.000FPS

http://ix.io/1fwz

TV Sharp Aquos Quatron 1920 x 1080 TV

Rock64 / 4gb

Fresh SD Card Install LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-201807011300-d46baa3-rock64.img

Issues with adjust display refresh rate using 1080p 50Hz GUI Resolution.

Refresh rate setting Start/Stop. Delay set to none.

I have Whitelisted 1920 x 1080p 60 / 59.94 / 50 / 24 / 23.98 Hz

TVHeadend Client 4.3.04 installed via zip due to dependancy issues from LE Repo install not possible.

TV Channels are all 50 Hz in my country and choosing play i get a Refresh rate change from GUI 50Hz to 50Hz Playback .

I then Disabled 1920 x 1080p 50Hz in Whitelist.

I played a channel and again i got a Refresh Rate Change to 50 Hz.

Whilst playing this channel i switched channel via navigation on remote and i got a Refresh change to the Dreaded Black Screen.

I re-activated 50Hz in Whitelist and repeated change channel with navigation and refresh rate changed to 50Hz with no issue. BLACK Screen

Kwiboo

EDIT: I Just discovered that navigating from HD Channels to HD Channels whilst playing Does NOT Change Refresh Rate and No Black Screen. The same no black screen SD Channel To SD Channel navigating.

Black Screen only happens when navigating to another channel during playback which is not the same Definition as the one that is playing. Can only change SD to SD Channel or HD to HD Channel during Playback of Live TV.

Audio Drops every 3 minutes still happening with my movie library files but this has always been the case with all images including Ray's old builds.

Still kept 9.0-devel-20180606204626-0267cea-rock64 on another SD Card which is still better for my use.

I use PIA, you have all of the profiles available as of a couple weeks ago. I don't know how they work but likewise I suspect they load balance behind the scenes. I've never had an issue.

Thank you for the reply.

I just found out PIA have 82 Servers in my City as opposed to IP Vanish which only had 2 Servers.

See My Previous Old Post

I used to have issues when the 2 servers were OVERLOADED and it was a pain. In the end i connected to servers in another City which was not ideal.

It seems PIA automatically chooses best server out of the 82 in my City and Load balance which is a much better system. :thumbup::)

Hi All

After a year subscribed to IP Vanish I decided to try PIA due to IP Vanish being so overpriced and only 2 Servers in my City.

24 Hours and all good with PIA.

My only query is i don't see a choice of servers in my City. Just my City is listed without a choice of server within that city.

With IP Vanish i had a list of servers in my City.

Probably that's how PIA works by picking best server based on load and ping ?

If someone could confirm PIA works this way. Cheers.

Settings/System/Display ?

Use limited colour range (16-235) not enabled.

If i enable it i get a washed out colour on the skin.

Playback on Movie after Adjust Refresh rate Looks Good.

I think you might be onto something here. I have been going back and forward playing the same movie file with Limited Colour range enabled and disabled. I've gone a bit mad looking for the difference in video quality during playback. I have to say if there is a Difference ? I am having trouble seeing it. I think the Blacks are better but honestly , I think it's in my head. Really not a big enough difference. Hope this doesn't sound stupid.

Basically I'm struggling to see a difference.

Now the big thing is , I just plugged in the K1 Pro running LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-nightly-20180613-40f4047

I Enabled limited colour range and the skin did NOT wash out in colour like the Rock. It's like nothing happened. I played back same movie and again the colour contrast and sharpness is just not there as in the Rock64.

I'm not too tech savvy to work out if my TV has something to do with this ( All commercial video is stored as 8-bit 4:2:0 video. At the very minimum, that means chroma has to be upsampled to 4:2:2 to be output over HDMI from the player, and with the exception of Sharp's Quattron displays, everything uses RGB subpixels, so that YCC data then has to be converted to "4:4:4" RGB at some stage, which is a lossy process if it is done in 8-bit.) or this is because I'm using Leia Tests.

Good points you brought up djnice

Too bad I'm Just a 1080p guy who's probably not as critical with video quality comparisons unless it's really obvious.

I'm going to try and get a screenshot of a frame using both boxes and try show the difference. Weekend not now.

I am planing to purchase this box, can you confirm this two things.

Default Remote of SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box working in rock chip test build of libreelec?

2. Is WiFi working in test build and boot from sd card?

Garbage no vendor support. Garbage no source code for this wifi chip. Mainline Kernel ?? Fat Chance.

Better off reading Scishion V88 4K LibreElec

I think the days of hacking Chinese firmware in LE are over. Thank God.

SBC boards are well priced compared to these Backyard Hardware Boxes with Hacked up Android Phone / Tablet Firmware.

For LE you don't need 4GB of ram. 1GB or 2 GB are enough. Wifi USB adapters are cheap. Full Keyboard USB remotes are cheap.

Do the numbers. Rock64 starts at $24.95 for 1GB ram plus $8.99 PSU. eEMMC $15.95 for 16GB , Buy a Full Learning usb Keyboard remote $12.00. You'll have GigaBit Ethernet , 1 USB 3 port , 2 USB Ports.

Most Importantly Community Development Support.

What's that worth ????????

Which color space do you use on Rockchip? YCbCr 4:2:2 or YCbCr 4:4:4 limited is the correct setting for movies.

Are you asking me about TV Settings ?

I've got a Sharp Quatron Panel which i have never seen any such setting.

EDIT: Just looked up with Google.

24bit,36bit,24fps ?????? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Apart from Calibrating this TV 5 years ago I've not touched anything.

If it ain't broke i don't go looking for a fix.

The screenshots from the identical movie frame or the raw hdmi capture are the only ways to compare the PQ objectively. There should be no difference.

My testing is using a 70 inch 1080P TV . Playing high bitrate Movie files via my home network and viewed at a distance of 4.5 metres.

Thats my real world testing. Identical Movie file using the same HDMI Port and same HDMI Cable with all the same settings in Kodi.

If Amlogic is behind with LEIA development , it may have something to do with it.

Right now Amlogic devices I've tested are not producing video quality on par with the Rock64.

Can you please Post Screenshots to compare?

A Screenshot is not going to show anything worth comparing in a .png

Be aware that i have no previous versions of Kodi eg Jarvis / Krypton that can run on LE for Rockchip so my comparison in video quality is all based on Rock64 Leia against S905 boxes with Krypton and Leia.

I've had a conversation with Ray the previous LE Leia developer who confirmed he notices the difference as well.

I strongly advise anyone wanting to try a Rockchip box to buy an SBC with uniform hardware and firmware that is being tested by developers.

You buy some cheap chinese Rockchip box and you can ignore my observations.

Hello,

is there any recommends for 905/x box? I need one cheap box only for playing videos from an external drive. The videos are only 1080p, h264.. so standards.

The box would be only play this files, so no addons or smth else.

Thanks

From my experience using Amlogic Chip boxes attached to my 1080p TV I was happy using LE until i Purchased a Rock64 RK3328 chip.

The picture Quality on the Rock64 is far superior to any Amlogic chip Box that i have owned. The only one that is close to the Rock64 is my K1 Pro S905D Chip. The S905W is GARBAGE. Picture is the worst of all.

I have no idea why but it is a big difference. I would not recommend an Amlogic Chip for that reason alone.

Beware Rockchip 3328 with LE is not stable but very usable for what you require. For the future it will be stable and with Rockchip staff responding to LE forum is a big step towards stability.

feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-box-trn9.img