Posts by kostaman

I can confirm I have the same issue on the NEXBOX A95X 1gb 8gb as kostaman. Is there any known u-boot.bin that is known to fix the issue?

Not that simple.
    I dont own this box but i have it to flash OE for a friend.

It has the WORST Lollipop Android Firmware versions i have seen.

OE 7.0.2.002 is working best at the moment as far as power reboot issues goes.

Just have to wait and test releases as they come.
    Cheers.

If you don't use WiFi on MiniMX, the issue will not show. I think this is true for all boxes.

On the other hand, if Nexboxes don't power back on with remote, that would be an issue with their crappy u-boot - the same problem we saw with S805.

Again my confusion in thinking it was solved is that my MiniMX's 1gb/8GB & 2gb/16gb both Power Off and Reboot to Nand
    using my power menu button EVEN WHEN WiFi is used.
    I can also turn the boxes back on using stock remote red button after power off during LE.
    I have a habbit of using the power menu icon because of usb remote i use and never noticed the issue until i tried using the stock remote red button to turn off box.
    Red button just gives momentary black screen then back to normal within 2 seconds.

Using 7.0.2.005
    The NEXBOX A95X once any of the above options are used the screen goes black but the box is still powered on.
    Using 7.0.2.002
    The reboot to nand Works.
    Power off with menu works BUT i cannot turn box back on with the red button on stock remote.
    Red button on stock remote turns box off but not back on.
    Reboot to nand and turn off whilst in Android via TurnOff App works. And then power on via red button stock remote works also.
    That is as precise i can be in variables.
    Thanks again kszaq

kszaq
    Flashed this box for a friend SD Card OE. (See Below Bottom)
    There is an issue with Reboot and Reboot from Nand.
    There is also a load of script notifications when booting into OE with errors visible.
    Scripts always appear during bootup.
    It does however boot up.

When choosing reboot from Nand the box attempts to reboot with screen going black BUT the box power light is still blue (on) and nothing happens.
    I unplug the box and replug and it DOES boot to Android.
    If i choose reboot the same issue and it DOES boot to LE.
    Choosing red power button on remote turns screen black but blue light is still on
    again i have to unplug box as the remote WONT turn box back on

This box does not have reboot option in Android BUT i have installed
    Shutdown app by Allenfang which works perfectly in Shutdown & Reboot.
    When i reboot using this app the Box boots into LE no problem.
    It also turns off the box properly and i can turn it on with stock remote.

Took a log after power on. Vanilla build Stock.

NEXBOX A95X 1gb 8gb
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.005.img.gz

After "adb reboot recovery" the device takes me just to the recovery.

I presume you have no reset button in yout av port ?
    and this why you are trying to get into recovery via adb ?
    Please explain your steps exactly before it failed. Did you follow the SD card OE installation instructions in first post.
    You stopped explaining what you did after you got into recovery.
    Are you attempting the SD card installation of OE ?

The Beelink site has sections for the minimx and minimxiii.

It is not the same product. It may be the same box but you will not see it in their product range.
    Beelink box has red Beelink logo on it. Android firmware is DEFINITELY not the same as
    the MiniMX without the Beelink Branding.
    I am just trying to eliminate confusion on the 2.
    They are definitely different products.
    The MiniMX's have one name for 1gb & 2gb ram / storage versions.
    Unlike the Beelink which uses different name for its 1gb and 2gb Versions.
    Phew ! I hope i am making sense.
    [hr]

Thanks guys, for the info.
    I've ordered a couple, so time will tell.

Just make sure your box has the s905 Revision C chip installed.
    That is what i have on my boxes.

Hmm the one that I'm looking at is a Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0 TV Box (not MXIII)
    I wonder if it's the same

MiniMX is not the Beelink. I believe the MiniMX is the owner of Beelink or the other way round.
    You might want to pull that link out please. Forum rules.
    Beelink boxes have no root access in the Android Firmware.
    That Fleabay listing is misleading. That is why i never use Fleabay.

Anyone purchasing from ebay (or using Paypal) will have no problem getting a full refund (especially those that live in Australia)
    Both ebay and Paypal have purchase guarantee, meaning any goods received that are not as adverised or faulty, entitle you to full refund including return postage.

Be carefull with that advice. If the seller has customer pays return postage in their returns policy and they claim the postage will be returned AFTER the goods are returned and inspected, stay away.
    This is a way of them making sure you dont return the goods. Why ? Because in China you have to pay DUTY when anything comes into China.
    No way they accept the goods are returns. They do not aknowledge returns as being not subject to DUTY.
    The seller will refuse to pay the duty and the goods will be returned to you.
    They will then advise you FAILED to return the goods and you will be well annoyed.
    Hope this adds to clarify the Chinese Smart Business Policy.
    I totally agree with you.
    [hr]

Is anyone using these builds on a Mini MX 2/16GB - or do they only work with the 1/8GB ?

They both work.
    Only problem i have had is the Ethernet is sometimes not recognised on Cold Boot only.
    Never happens if box has power supply alive.
    It happens in Android as well.
    Ethernet module error and Kszaq is aware of my issue.
    Cheers.

ok i did that and put it in configfiles still no work. i must have the wrong remote file. now im having bigger problems finding out the boxes i got are 512 gig of rams.
    [hr]
    ok with 512 gig ram if i constantly clear cache, thumbnail and purge packages will that keep it from freezing?

Smilez
    Please make a signature with details of your box. It really helps people identify problems that people are having with the same box.
    Even though the s805 is very good at managing ram, it wont help much purging packages, thumbnails and cache clearing.
    From the 512mb you will be getting down to 100mb or less when videos are played and then you will have issues.